Page 392 of 2103 FirstFirst ... 2923423823903913923933944024424928921392 ... LastLast
Results 3,911 to 3,920 of 21024

Thread: Politics Thread

This is serious now. Politics shouldn't be messing with bourbon. What the hell is wrong with these people.
    Maybe Bourbonman can tell us what's going on.

https://thediplomat.com/2019/04/amer...ar-with-china/
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    This is serious now. Politics shouldn't be messing with bourbon. What the hell is wrong with these people.

Uh, this simply cements Trump as BEST PRESIDENT EVAH! Less exported bourbon means MORE BOURBON FOR US!!!!!

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Uh, this simply cements Trump as BEST PRESIDENT EVAH! Less exported bourbon means MORE BOURBON FOR US!!!!!
    Exactly...now maybe i can find stuff here in Louisville again. It is getting more and more difficult to find certain brands here that even 2-3 years ago weren't an issue at all.

Maybe they'll lower the price to get rid of the surplus. I can increase my inventory then.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post

This is the most blasphemous statement ever written in the history of the English language:

"While bourbon has made a big impact on markets across the Pacific, it is a taste-and-style driven good that is relatively easy to replace. Canadian whiskies can fill bourbon’s niche in China’s expanding liquor palette, as can European scotches."
    Mom and Papa told me "Son, you gotta go to school; only way to make the fam'ly proud."
    I paid no attention, left my books at home, rather play my music real loud.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by OH.X.MI View Post
    This is the most blasphemous statement ever written in the history of the English language:

"While bourbon has made a big impact on markets across the Pacific, it is a taste-and-style driven good that is relatively easy to replace. Canadian whiskies can fill bourbon’s niche in China’s expanding liquor palette, as can European scotches."
    More than merely blasphemous, this is a statement that could only be made by an ignoramus....someone with neither taste nor a sophisticated palate. Scotch and bourbon are hardly substitutes. Well made varieties of each are sublime, but very different. I am a bourbon man myself, but also enjoy the occasional single malt scotch. As for Canadian whiskey, I must say I have never had one I liked very much. I am sure that there are good ones, but none has crossed my palate.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Can't get your Angel's Envy, Woodford Reserve or Bulleit? No worries, just pick up some Canadian Mist.

Did you notice how I changed the politics thread into a bourbon discussion?

Well played. And in honor of your heroic feat, I'm getting bourbon drunk tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Well played. And in honor of your heroic feat, I'm getting bourbon drunk tonight!
    Excellent! Enjoy :)