Page 378 of 2113 FirstFirst ... 2783283683763773783793803884284788781378 ... LastLast
Results 3,771 to 3,780 of 21128

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Amazon has way too much power and Bezos is a complete douche. Anything preventing them from acquiring more power, I'm all for.
    Yes I believe Bezos is a douche. However, he built a good company and don’t begrudge him for that.

As being too powerful, not so sure. This is not a business model that can’t be replicated, ie FedEx and UPS.

BTW, during my 1988 marketing class we were instructed to come up with an original marketing idea. I came with the idea of home delivery for videos. Still pissed at my X professor who said my home delivery concept wouldn’t work. Hello Netflix!

Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    Didn’t seem to hurt Target.
    I looked into it more. It’s specifically the supermarket union that throws the fit every time they tried which makes sense.

I don’t think it’s worth celebrating like AOC has but I do think this tax break sweepstake needed some push back. I hope it doesn’t become a trend.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    Yes I believe Bezos is a douche. However, he built a good company and don’t begrudge him for that.

As being too powerful, not so sure. This is not a business model that can’t be replicated, ie FedEx and UPS.

BTW, during my 1988 marketing class we were instructed to come up with an original marketing idea. I came with the idea of home delivery for videos. Still pissed at my X professor who said my home delivery concept wouldn’t work. Hello Netflix!
    I'd invite you to read the four if you haven't already. After reading that, I absolutely despise amazon and everything they stand for. They have gotten away with way too much in this country...in terms of replication, again read the four. Its frightening what that company is trying to accomplish...frankly, Bezos being a slimeball and cheating on his wife might be one of the best things for the us that has happened in a long time.

I'm all for capitalism and having success but amazon doesnt play by the same rules as everyone else and that's the problem I have with them.
    Last edited by Xville; 02-14-2019 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caf View Post
    I looked into it more. It’s specifically the supermarket union that throws the fit every time they tried which makes sense.

I don’t think it’s worth celebrating like AOC has but I do think this tax break sweepstake needed some push back. I hope it doesn’t become a trend.
    You hope it doesn't become a trend? Way too late for that.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Sure - but not on this scale.

It really is. Projects just usually aren’t this big.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Maybe not. The next President may declare it a National Emergency to change it.
    2023 Sweet 16

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    I'd invite you to read the four if you haven't already. After reading that, I absolutely despise amazon and everything they stand for. They have gotten away with way too much in this country...in terms of replication, again read the four. Its frightening what that company is trying to accomplish...frankly, Bezos being a slimeball and cheating on his wife might be one of the best things for the us that has happened in a long time.

I'm all for capitalism and having success but amazon doesnt play by the same rules as everyone else and that's the problem I have with them.
    Hmmmm, sounds like Walmart.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Maybe not. The next President may declare it a National Emergency to change it.
    Why not this President? He hates Bezos much more than the next President will.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    Hmmmm, sounds like Walmart.
    Amazon makes Walmart look saintly