Page 376 of 2085 FirstFirst ... 2763263663743753763773783864264768761376 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,760 of 20842

Thread: Politics Thread

Did the Post break the Ford story?

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    I feel that makes it more difficult. She admitted to a consensual act and accused him of crossing the line. That’s a far different picture than holding her down and smothering her. The double standard is on both sides.... are Republicans calling for her personal history to be investigated to verify her credibility? Are Democrats calling for him to resign? Neither are true atm which reinforces both sides are assholes.
    “Mr. Fairfax put his hand behind my neck and forcefully pushed my head towards his crotch. Only then did I realize that he had unbuckled his belt, unzipped his pants, and taken out his penis.”

Yes, the allegations are of crossing the line .... or they're pretty similar to what Kavanaugh was accused of.

Mind you, I'm not saying Fairfax is guilty or that I believe his accuser. I'm only talking about how each of these stories were handled.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    “Mr. Fairfax put his hand behind my neck and forcefully pushed my head towards his crotch. Only then did I realize that he had unbuckled his belt, unzipped his pants, and taken out his penis.”

Yes, the allegations are of crossing the line .... or they're pretty similar to what Kavanaugh was accused of.

Mind you, I'm not saying Fairfax is guilty or that I believe his accuser. I'm only talking about how each of these stories were handled.
    They are similar but not equal. Blasey Ford stated she did not consent to anything. Tyson stated there was mutual consent to kissing and he crossed the line. Agree that the allegations are similar but that makes corroborating the story much more difficult to find truth. And again.... Supreme Court justice story that is tied to a Trump is way more interesting than this story. Hence the media coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    From what I've been able to find the Post didn't break either story and more or less treated them exactly the same. Ford also went to them with her allegations and they weren't publicized there until the story blew up. The best I've been able to find is that the Intercept published it first. They definitely went all in on Ford-Kavanaugh after it was public.

If they received the yearbook first, similar to how it happened with Roy Moore. That would be a different story.

Another Virginia Official Has a Yearbook With Blackface Photos - WSJ

This guy just EDITED a yearbook with blackface in it. Burn your yearbooks people.

Wearing blackface in any context is now the crime of the century. Jesus fucking Christ.

Wait. A hit piece on a Republican in the WSJ? Can't be right. They're all suppose to come from the Post.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

NYC citizens have successfully fought off Amazon's HQ2.

Congrats Dallas!

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    NYC citizens have successfully fought off Amazon's HQ2.

Congrats Dallas!
    Not all citizens were in favor of this.
    Run the table.

"There were meetings at the Justice Department at which it was discussed whether the vice president and a majority of the cabinet could be brought together to remove the president of the United States under the 25th Amendment,” Pelley said on CBS This Morning Thursday, summarizing what McCabe had told him. “These were the eight days from Comey’s firing to the point that Robert Mueller was appointed special counsel. And the highest levels of American law enforcement were trying to figure out what do with the president.”

"Fake news" or biased source or err something
    Run the table.