Page 373 of 2085 FirstFirst ... 2733233633713723733743753834234738731373 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,730 of 20842

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    Ross Perot was quirky, but pretty moderate / rational compared to Johnson, Stein, Nader. But that was a long time ago, so it's possible I'm mis-remembering.
    Wow - he got 19% of the popular vote. That's a great comparison actually.

The pot stirring this guy is doing is very reminiscent of Perot.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Heck Schultz got my ear when he discussed National debt being a big issue. If he has real plans to balance, I’m might be tempted to make the same mistake I did in 1992.

Hard to believe when I got sucked into the whole budget stuff with Perot and it was 5 trillion vs 21 trillion today. Seems like a popular topic to run on, then no one does a damn thing about it once they get to DC.

Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    Heck Schultz got my ear when he discussed National debt being a big issue. If he has real plans to balance, I’m might be tempted to make the same mistake I did in 1992.

Hard to believe when I got sucked into the whole budget stuff with Perot and it was 5 trillion vs 21 trillion today. Seems like a popular topic to run on, then no one does a damn thing about it once they get to DC.
    As a republican voter, it pisses me off that this is accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    As a republican voter, it pisses me off that this is accurate.
    Yea, pisses me off as well. Try being a small government Libertarian who votes mostly for conservative Republicans - ouch!

Feel like Richard Gere in the Officer and the Gentleman, “but I got no where else to go!”

Yea, pisses me off as well. Try being a small government Libertarian who votes mostly for conservative Republicans - ouch!

Feel like Richard Gere in the Officer and the Gentleman, “but I got no where else to go!”
    Agreed. It would be great if a 3rd party candidate actually had a chance of getting elected at the national level. The current two party system clearly has both more concerned with maintaining, or expanding, their power, while making sure the other side loses power.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

I agree. The problem is that most of the stuff we would have to do to balance the budget (never mind actually paying DOWN the debt) is unpopular with voters. What is popular with voters is running up the debt to promise the things your voter base wants. If you are a Democrat it's social programs and free shit, if you are a Republican it's tax cuts and military.
    Eat Donuts!

So after a picture on Virginia Governor Ralph Northam's medical school yearbook page surfaces showing him in a KKK outfit or blackface, he admits to it and apologizes. Now, he backtracks and says he's "not sure" if that is actually him in the picture! His college yearbook from VMI lists one of his nicknames as "Coonman"! LOL. He is refusing to resign. This guy is something else.

Never mind the fact that this past he week he argued in favor of infanticide.

How did the media not know about this picture while he was running for Governor?? I mean, the media quickly dug up Brett Kavanaugh's high school yearbook and dissected over every single word in it.
    Last edited by X Factor; 02-02-2019 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    So after a picture on Virginia Governor Ralph Northam's medical school yearbook page surfaces showing him in a KKK outfit or blackface, he admits to it and apologizes. Now, he backtracks and says he's "not sure" if that is actually him in the picture! His college yearbook from VMI lists one of his nicknames as "Coonman"! LOL. He is refusing to resign. This guy is something else.

Never mind the fact that this past he week he argued in favor of infanticide.

How did the media not know about this picture while he was running for Governor?? I mean, the media quickly dug up Brett Kavanaugh's high school yearbook and dissected over every single word in it.
    And let's not forget that he admitted to wearing blackface at another point when dressing as Michael Jackson.

And also, he said this about his opponent:
    Ralph Northam
    ‏@RalphNortham
    VA is an inclusive and diverse community—we won't put up with Ed Gillespie's racist rhetoric and fearmongering.

The oppo research team against this guy must have not been very good.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.