Page 372 of 2128 FirstFirst ... 2723223623703713723733743824224728721372 ... LastLast
Results 3,711 to 3,720 of 21278

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote from Schultz in Axios that I think sums it up well. I'll be watching.

"I think I've got plenty of time," he said. "I'll gauge the level of interest in what I've come to believe over the last year — that a choice between Donald Trump and a far-left-leaning progressive Democrat provides a wide and large opportunity."

Hickenlooper is a beer swilling centrist and former bar owner.
    2023 Sweet 16

I don't know Hickenlooper, but from that description I like him. Plus, Iowa. How can you hate anyone from Iowa? (Other than maybe Chuck Grassley, but he's older than dirt, and not in the cute grampa way)

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Hickenlooper is a beer swilling centrist and former bar owner.
    What is wrong with being a bar owner?
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Quote Originally Posted by 94GRAD View Post
    What is wrong with being a bar owner?
    Not a thing. A nice plus imho. I've actually had a beer downtown with Hick at the Irish bar after a Rockies game. Nice guy.
    2023 Sweet 16

BJ for President !
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2019/01/2...otistical.html

I hope this protester knows he's doing way more to help Schultz than hurt him.

Quote Originally Posted by Caf View Post
    https://www.cnbc.com/video/2019/01/2...otistical.html

I hope this protester knows he's doing way more to help Schultz than hurt him.
    And if Shultz doesn't run, he'll help some asshole like Kamala Harris win. If you didn't think Democrats were power-hungry and vicious (certainly not saying they are alone in this respect), pay some attention to how they've reacted to Schultz the last couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    And if Shultz doesn't run, he'll help some asshole like Kamala Harris win. If you didn't think Democrats were power-hungry and vicious (certainly not saying they are alone in this respect), pay some attention to how they've reacted to Schultz the last couple of days.
    I'm interested in your thoughts on how he would draw voters from each party. To me, he seems just as likely to pull people from Trump as he does any of the Democrats. We see it here all of the time, the most common complaint is the parties and toxic politics.

Also history doesn't seem to be a good measure of his chances. All independents before him have been pretty out there ie Gary Johnson, Jill Stein, Nader. I don't think there's been an independent who is a true moderate.

Quote Originally Posted by Caf View Post
    I'm interested in your thoughts on how he would draw voters from each party. To me, he seems just as likely to pull people from Trump as he does any of the Democrats. We see it here all of the time, the most common complaint is the parties and toxic politics.

Also history doesn't seem to be a good measure of his chances. All independents before him have been pretty out there ie Gary Johnson, Jill Stein, Nader. I don't think there's been an independent who is a true moderate.
    Ross Perot was quirky, but pretty moderate / rational compared to Johnson, Stein, Nader. But that was a long time ago, so it's possible I'm mis-remembering.
    Eat Donuts!