Page 364 of 2085 FirstFirst ... 2643143543623633643653663744144648641364 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,640 of 20842

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    They’ve done this before and pretty regularly back the other networks. Wasn’t a surprise at all
    I'm not familiar with the other instances. What were they?

Me either, however, this makes 100% sense. Politics is cyclical, the media is not. If you don't back your peers, they won't back you if it happens to you.

Sinema declared the winner in Arizona. She splits her votes in Congress currently. I am hearing grumblings that Kyl will retire from McCain's seat and Doucey will put McSally in that spot.

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    Me either, however, this makes 100% sense. Politics is cyclical, the media is not. If you don't back your peers, they won't back you if it happens to you.

Sinema declared the winner in Arizona. She splits her votes in Congress currently. I am hearing grumblings that Kyl will retire from McCain's seat and Doucey will put McSally in that spot.
    Doucey's brother lives here in Cincinnati!
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Quote Originally Posted by Caf View Post
    I'm not familiar with the other instances. What were they?
    Think it was for James Rosen at Fox when Holder AG try to convict him as a co-conspirator for leaking classified info. Other outlets backed him.

Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    Think it was for James Rosen at Fox when Holder AG try to convict him as a co-conspirator for leaking classified info. Other outlets backed him.
    Oh I do remember that.

And it does make perfect sense for them to do it. I am still surprised though since they've consistently been Trump's mouthpiece for over 2 years. Their anchors have even campaigned for him, so I'm still not sure where the "regularly" and "Wasn't a surprise at all" from Scoscox comes from.

Supporting Member
    Oh I do remember that.

And it does make perfect sense for them to do it. I am still surprised though since they've consistently been Trump's mouthpiece for over 2 years. Their anchors have even campaigned for him, so I'm still not sure where the "regularly" and "Wasn't a surprise at all" from Scoscox comes from.
    I forget the exact circumstances (just because there have been so many), but they have released statements or signed onto statements rebuking Trump for his actions against journalist.
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

Quote Originally Posted by STL_XUfan View Post
    I forget the exact circumstances (just because there have been so many), but they have released statements or signed onto statements rebuking Trump for his actions against journalist.
    Maybe these stories haven't pierced a liberal bubble I'm in. I can definitely remember Shep Smith doing it a few times.

After the Pentagon Papers didn't Nixon basically remove the Post from all White House events?

Sophomore
    Maybe these stories haven't pierced a liberal bubble I'm in. I can definitely remember Shep Smith doing it a few times.
    Yes. I can’t recall ever seeing them join a lawsuit before but I’m sure it probably has happened. This is more what I was talking about though. Shep Smith, Chris Wallace and Bret Baier I’ve heard make supporting statements like this on the air in these situations

I just saw another close race in California where both sides are claiming voter fraud. Orange and LA county, Cisneros vs. Kim with Kim claiming Cisneros is harassing counters and Cisneros claiming three of Kim's observers had to be removed.

Georgia is a mess and Florida is gonna be Florida. Florida is a cesspool, I expect that. Sinema rolls past McSally and more Trump fraud claims. It's like the guy is watching the voting scene from Gangs of New York on replay while tweeting this garbage.