Page 356 of 2085 FirstFirst ... 2563063463543553563573583664064568561356 ... LastLast
Results 3,551 to 3,560 of 20842

Thread: Politics Thread

They issued a rule that allow state's to drop the pre-existing condition rule? Seriously?

Sophomore
    Not really a lie, more of a campaign promise. If republicans get elected after this statement and go after pre existing conditions then it will have been a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    Not really a lie, more of a campaign promise. If republicans get elected after this statement and go after pre existing conditions then it will have been a lie.
    Didn't they go after that clause just by trying to repeal the ACA with no replacement?

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    Not really a lie,
    I think we can safely assume it is a lie bcuz Trump lies about EVERYTHING everyday!
    2023 Sweet 16

As my good friend George Costanza says, “it’s not a lie if you believe it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrett View Post
    There's at least on conservative on this board who's going to tell us this is the work of a crazy liberal trying to frame the Republicans.
    I can see some thinking that, but that would be irresponsible. As matter of fact, same could be said if someone were to blame a conservative or the alt right at this point.

It was only 3 weeks ago when someone sent risin (or what appeared to be) laced letters to Trump, Mattis, and Wray. It turned out to be the same person who had threatened Obama in 2015 with an email to the CIA and not a person from either side of the aisle. Unfortunately like others have stated, both sides want to judge the situation way to early before we learn all the facts which includes the press.

Quote Originally Posted by Caf View Post
    No there hasn't, but there has been absolutely no moderation and an awful lot of demonizing done by politicians and people on both sides. It's basically only life or death when we see politicians acknowledge or appreciate people on the other side of the aisle. We as voters like and reward that. You can see it here, there are plenty of us who won't even acknowledge the possibility that the other side has a point.
    I agree regarding the divisiveness. I find it very frustrating, though, when people use false equivalences. And to be fair, there have been a lot of leftists saying they agree that politicians should be left alone in their private lives, and republicans who say it’s wrong for the president to condone violence. Please let’s just be honest in our assessments of the situation and not equate apples and oranges, especially when often the “yeah but what about this“ example is either misrepresented or already condemned by the vast majority of the offending person’s political party.
    Last edited by GenerationX; 10-24-2018 at 06:23 PM.
    "Some of our guys thought defense was a town in Chile. Other guys thought defense was something you put up around d-house to keep out d-dog and d-cat." Pete Gillen

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by GenerationX View Post
    I agree regarding the divisiveness. I find it very frustrating, though, when people use false equivalences. And to be fair, there have been a lot of leftists saying they agree that politicians should be left alone in their private lives, and republicans who say it’s wrong for the president to condone violence. Please let’s just be honest in our assessments of the situation and not equate apples and oranges, especially when often the “yeah but what about this“ example is either misrepresented or already condemned by the vast majority of the offending person’s political party.
    Good advice. Unfortunately, I'm sure it won't be heeded in the slightest. In this particular case, we don't know anything about these bombs or who made them or sent them and for what purpose to this point. Speculating and trying to score political points off something that we know almost nothing about is not a smart move by either side.

Sophomore
    I actually misread that tweet that you posted. Trump is definitely mischaracterizing the democratic position, which is deceitful, but I do think he has been making an attempt to change republican policy regarding pre-existing conditions recently. Whether he is successful or genuine remains to be seen.

He tweets it like it is true, the DOJ has a lawsuit attacking it, and it's just Trump trying to change the Republican tune? Umm, ok I am not buying that one bit.

And....the Saudi's changed their tune again. It was now a premeditated killing of the journalist.