Page 344 of 2119 FirstFirst ... 2442943343423433443453463543944448441344 ... LastLast
Results 3,431 to 3,440 of 21187

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    How incredibly convenient that after Kavanaugh gets confirmed, Ms. Blasey Ford has no desire to pursue any further action- criminal or otherwise?
    This after, there was no corroboration/backup/confirmation...errrrr PROOF that her allegations were anything more than a loud screaming attempt to derail a good man's reputation and life path.
    Oh and after all the Go Fund Me pages had raised over $827,000 for Ford and Quote "We are working with all the Campaign organizers and guarantee the funds raised will be transferred directly to the Ford family" Go Fund Me spokeswoman Catherine Cichy told Market Watch".
    Pretty nice chunk of change "for the family" (and ostensibly for her trash shark attorneys) as a result of a made up, fairy tale of unproven status, and a couple of hour TV appearance.

So damn interesting that A) Ford's Mother & Father, usually the first people to defend a Daughter, never said ANYTHING on her behalf/support through this whole thing. B) Her helicoptering lawyers never produced any of the supporting docs from the Therapist or the Lie Detector test that they were claiming would prove her story, despite being ordered to by the Judiciary Committee.

"Hey, we were just kidding. Leave us alone now".

Gawd I hope some intrepid young aggressive investigative reporter can somehow get his or her hands on the docs and get to the real story. I also really hope that Pelosi's gambit blows up in her Bitter Beer Face. Be careful, when you invoke the "Freedom of Information Act". It can have very unintended consequences.

Meanwhile, I can't wait until Amy Coney Barrett is the next nominee. What kind of dirt will the Left try to dig up on a wife, Mom-of-Seven-Kids? Prolly that she went to Notre Dame. Shocking!!!
    Two of which adopted from Haiti

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    This after, there was no corroboration/backup/confirmation..
    I'm not sure I'd want any more attention after my president mocked me in front of cheering crowds on national television.

On the other hand, maybe some enterprising senate attorneys can file perjury charges against these people:

In all three otherwise everyday scenes, Christine Blasey Ford described to others about being sexually assaulted many years earlier by a future federal judge, according to sworn affidavits her lawyers said Wednesday they submitted to the Senate Judiciary Committee. A fourth from her husband says that during a 2012 couples therapy session, Ford named her attacker as Brett Kavanaugh. President Donald Trump nominated Kavanaugh July 9 to the Supreme Court
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

I said it once and I will say it again, Kavanaugh should not be on the court based on his previous rulings. Anyone can google them for reference I actually did read several, his views on clean water, employee rights, voting rights, and abortion should have precluded him from being on the court all in favor of corporations.

But hey, as a country we all just want to slam on the gas pedal in this car of a country we are in and go as fast as we can.....backwards just so Trump and company can get one on the liberals. It is asinine. I will always not figure out how a party convince a massive percentage of the populous that universal healthcare is evil and the remainder of the first world countries are all wrong.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    I said it once and I will say it again, Kavanaugh should not be on the court based on my opinionAnyone can google them for reference I actually did read several, his views on clean water, employee rights, voting rights, and abortion should have precluded him from being on the court all in favor of corporations.

But hey, as a country we all just want to slam on the gas pedal in this car of a country we are in and go as fast as we can.....backwards just so Trump and company can get one on the liberals. It is asinine. I will always not figure out how a party convince a massive percentage of the populous that universal healthcare is evil and the remainder of the first world countries are all wrong.
    Fixed it for you

I said it once and I will say it again, Kavanaugh should not be on the court based on his previous rulings. Anyone can google them for reference I actually did read several, his views on clean water, employee rights, voting rights, and abortion should have precluded him from being on the court all in favor of corporations.

https://www.facebook.com/TheScoop.US...type=3&theater
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Fixed it for you
    You like judges that side with corporations to the detriment of people? Got it, you worship corporate profits over people’s lives. You and Kavanaugh could be beer buddies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Supporting Member
    You like judges that side with corporations to the detriment of people? Got it, you worship corporate profits over people’s lives. You and Kavanaugh could be beer buddies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    All of this is your opinion and not rooted in actual fact. Hilarious you cite worrying about people's lives but have no.issue with abortion.

That's not how any of this works.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    I'm very troubled by his past work on issues (torture, utilizing stolen senatorial files, etc). His straightforward lying about them was very important to me.
    The judicial system is now processing formal ethics complaints against Kavanaugh on exactly these items.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    The judicial system is now processing formal ethics complaints against Kavanaugh on exactly these items.
    I hope it’s legitimate, but I’m pretty sure it’s a front. People filed complaints and Roberts has to appear to follow up. But I doubt it will amount to anything.
    "Some of our guys thought defense was a town in Chile. Other guys thought defense was something you put up around d-house to keep out d-dog and d-cat." Pete Gillen