Page 341 of 2118 FirstFirst ... 2412913313393403413423433513914418411341 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,410 of 21173

Thread: Politics Thread

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Here's what the former dean of Yale law school thought:

https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...le-dean-221086
    I wonder how this uppity douchebag would react if he was accused of.sexual assault and had all of his past looked at all the way back to high school. Sounds like another whiny toddler who didnt get his way.
    Last edited by Xville; 10-08-2018 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I'm not sure why you think it should. If you're for equality, though, you probably should be happy that women are getting some of the most sought after jobs in the legal profession at rates very close to men (and in this term exceeding them).
    Him employing a lot of women/having female friends was one of his go-to defenses in dismissing Ford's claims and it's obviously nonsense. I now know you're not using it that way, but a lot people including Kavanaugh have used it that way which is why I said that.

Quote Originally Posted by xeus View Post
    My wife is very conservative and very peaceful. But I like to think she'd punch this clown right in the nose if they ever met in person.
    Although she writes in her own liberal difficult to read "code", she is essentially saying, " Every white woman who votes republican does so because she is a racist and wants to keep this white racist system."

Isn't it "neat" the racist nonsense that liberals can write and say? And in this case, this cretin got her article in the NYT.

P.S. I should have mentioned her other statement where she refers to "due process" as "nonsense".
    Last edited by XU 87; 10-08-2018 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    Although she writes in her own liberal difficult to read "code", she is essentially saying, " Every white woman who votes republican does so because she is a racist and wants to keep this white racist system."

Isn't it "neat" the racist nonsense that liberals can write and say? And in this case, this cretin got her article in the NYT.
    The craziest part of this garbage is the hypocrisy of claiming to support women's rights and independence while saying how women and women Senators are supposed to vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Caf View Post
    Him employing a lot of women/having female friends was one of his go-to defenses in dismissing Ford's claims and it's obviously nonsense. I now know you're not using it that way, but a lot people including Kavanaugh have used it that way which is why I said that.
    I don't think it plays any role whether he attempted to sexually assault Ford in any way, but it does speak to a more general larger sense of whether he has advanced women in the legal field and treated them with respect in a professional setting, which can't be said about a lot of powerful men.

It's nonsense to you.

He employs these women and gives them professional chances because he respects them. He respects his wife. He respects his mother. He respects and loves his daughters.

On that note, given your reaction to this item, you can now stop pretending to be objective.

BTW, her recollection of using a cell phone at the time she said she used it is priceless. At the very least, liberals can be entertaining.
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    It's nonsense to you.

He employs these women and gives them professional chances because he respects them. He respects his wife. He respects his mother. He respects and loves his daughters.

On that note, given your reaction to this item, you can now stop pretending to be objective.

BTW, her recollection of using a cell phone at the time she said she used it is priceless. At the very least, liberals can be entertaining.

You've been itching to get that one out, huh? When you can't win an argument, go looking for bias.

That's great that he gives them opportunities, respects them, his wife, mom and daughters. Please objectively tell me how any of that rules out the possibility that her allegations are true? Maybe I'm blinded by partisanship like you insist but to me it seems perfectly plausible someone can be an amazing legal mind, parent, son, and person while having made a mistake or been a jerk in high school. Meanwhile, in this thread you have thrown out her allegations because she flies on planes for Christ's sake, but Kavanaugh isn't an asshole to his mom and you somehow know he's innocent.
    Last edited by Caf; 10-08-2018 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    I don't think it plays any role whether he attempted to sexually assault Ford in any way, but it does speak to a more general larger sense of whether he has advanced women in the legal field and treated them with respect in a professional setting, which can't be said about a lot of powerful men.
    I completely agree. It's great and something nice to see in the court. I only find it to be insignificant as it applies to the allegations.

You've been itching to get that one out, huh? When you can't win an argument, go looking for bias.

That's great that he gives them opportunities, respects them, his wife, mom and daughters. Please objectively tell me how any of that rules out the possibility that her allegations are true? Maybe I'm blinded by partisanship like you insist but to me it seems perfectly plausible someone can be an amazing legal mind, parent, son, and person while having made a mistake or been a jerk in high school. Meanwhile, in this thread you have thrown out her allegations because she flies on planes for Christ's sake, but Kavanaugh isn't an asshole to his mom and you somehow know he's innocent.
    It doesn't.

But please tell me how you can still stand with her when HER WITNESSES have refuted HER.

Nice try with the planes comment. You fail again. The flying bullshit, the front doors bullshit, ZERO corroboration from her witnesses, constant coaching from her attorneys during her testimony, and the inability to recall basic facts when she otherwise held fast to her accusation ALL add up to an epic fail for the liberal agenda.

Women who have actually have been wronged are shaking their heads, wondering how this staged shit show was allowed to take place.
    X A V I E R

I generally avoid this thread. This reinforces my feelings. God help us all.