Page 299 of 2104 FirstFirst ... 1992492892972982993003013093493997991299 ... LastLast
Results 2,981 to 2,990 of 21031

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    I'm guessing he may truly not remember looking at how much they apparently partied and talked about it.

What sticks out to me is that she is begging the FBI to investigate (which they certainly could do if asked). If you are making it all up (for whatever reason) that's the last thing you would want.

And the fact that he and the committee don't want the FBI to investigate, and won't wait a few days for that, is just as telling.
    He has already been through 6 background checks by the FBI.

So what's one more with a new allegation? Couple days.

(see Merrick Garland)
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    He has already been through 6 background checks by the FBI.
    This has been gone over, background checks go back 7-10 years only. I think this did happen and this lady is going out in a limb that he did it a couple of times. I think she is hoping to get 2-3 more ladies to jump on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    This has been gone over, background checks go back 7-10 years only. I think this did happen and this lady is going out in a limb that he did it a couple of times. I think she is hoping to get 2-3 more ladies to jump on.

And how is the FBI supposed to investigate a local matter that occurred 36 years ago when the only person that can speak to it is her and she won't talk?

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    There will now be the story that they are all faked. I honestly believe Kavanaugh got drunk and went too far with that girl to get to second base and probably tried twice. The question for me is whether that precludes him from the most prestigious appointment for his field.
    In my opinion, it should not. If you go back to what happened in high school and college in the 70s and early 80s, it would probably preclude a LOT of people from ever holding public office. How many guys tried to cop a feel at a party after everyone had been drinking? I can honestly say I did not, but I was a very shy and boring guy who was uncomfortable talking to most girls.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    And how is the FBI supposed to investigate a local matter that occurred 36 years ago when the only person that can speak to it is her and she won't talk?
    What does this even mean? She's asked for the FBI to interview her, others with contemporaneous knowledge, etc.
    They investigate "background" for candidates. They could easily do it. (See Clarence Thomas)

What does this even mean? She's asked for the FBI to interview her, others with contemporaneous knowledge, etc.
    They investigate "background" for candidates. They could easily do it. (See Clarence Thomas)
    The fact that people say they haven’t is just crap. FBI has done this in the past. A few days of interviews and both will have to answer to the findings. I don’t see this as a problem.

I think the political calculation is fairly simple.
    If they call/hear no other witnesses to the committee, if they do no independent investigation which might provide corroboration,...they are left with the old he said/she said.
    Simple then to vote and say they believe him, not her.

I think the political calculation is fairly simple.
    Just like the political calculation Feinstein did by not disclosing this information until right before they were to vote on confirmation. It’s really sad that both parties put party and power above everything else.

Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    It’s really sad that both parties put party and power above everything else.

Well put! Unfortunately we still reward this behavior.