Page 297 of 2119 FirstFirst ... 1972472872952962972982993073473977971297 ... LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,970 of 21188

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    Pre-Roe live for fetuses in rich women got aborted. Why is access only ok for rich folk?
    I am 100% willing to take that privilege away from the rich. Glad we're on the same page.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post

I feel horrible for the victims of assault, but having a son and a daughter of my own, I am just as fearful for my daughter being a victim as my son being a victim or being wrongfully accused by someone and him not being able to prove it did not happen. All anyone has to do anymore is say it happened and that person is guilty I’m the court of public opinion.
    Wait - you are as fearful of your son being wrongfully accused of sexual assault as you are of your daughter actually being a victim of sexual assault? Holy shit!
    Eat Donuts!

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    Wait - you are as fearful of your son being wrongfully accused of sexual assault as you are of your daughter actually being a victim of sexual assault? Holy shit!
    In today's day and age, yes. That's the crazy world we now live in. That doesnt mean I think the odds are the same, it just speaks to the time in which we all live.
    Last edited by Xville; 09-20-2018 at 07:17 PM.

In today's day and age, yes. That's the crazy world we now live in. That doesnt mean I think the odds are the same, it just speaks to the time in which we all live.
    It kind of does....

I don't know what this means. Are you drawing an equivalency between the likelihood of the event, or the severity? Either one is indefensible, in my opinion. Actual sexual assault happens far more frequently than false accusations, and I would have to imagine that a woman actually being sexually assaulted is far worse than a man being wrongly accused.
    Eat Donuts!

First of all, I wrote "men" in my sentence. Second, I have knowledge and know history so you can stop with your talking down to me like I'm a child. Personal responsibility...make a choice, deal with the consequences. I dont give a shit what it was like for those women or men...you make a choice to have sex, you deal with whatever consequences comes out of that choice.

Now rape, ok you didnt have a choice.
    Except, personal responsibility aka abstinence just doesn’t work and it has proven time and time again to fail just like trickle down economics.

Contraception works, education works, ban abortion and we regress into a theocracy we fear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Supporting Member
    Except, personal responsibility aka abstinence just doesn’t work and it has proven time and time again to fail just like trickle down economics.

Contraception works, education works, ban abortion and we regress into a theocracy we fear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You just don’t get it. Personal responsibility is not abstinence, it is accepting the consequences of your actions aka not committing murder.

You are always so concerned with the less fortunate, yet you are perfectly fine killing the innocent.
    Last edited by Xville; 09-21-2018 at 07:16 AM.

We already outlaw killing. We must already live in a theocracy.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    We already outlaw killing. We must already live in a theocracy.
    Science says otherwise and so does the supreme court. It really annoys me when people scream for our political leaders to find common ground yet won't cede to common ground on this topic. I will, I agree with a ban past 20-4 weeks except for extreme medical reasons. This would align us with the rest of the civilized world.

Back alley, abortion panels, identifying women as baby makers, this is not way to regress. We need to move in a forward direction and keep the decision between a woman/spouse/partner and her doctor. You don't need to force your choice on someone else, that is vanity. I would never advise that route, but I also don't have the gall to think my choice is the best for 330M Americans. Let's remember, the same anti-abortion people also agree with an amendment to define marriage between a man or woman. Theocracies are all bad, except when it's your religion making the rules.

Science says otherwise and so does the supreme court.
    Science and the Supreme Court say we don't already outlaw killing? That's weird. I'll have to check into that.

The rest of your strawmen are a severe fire hazard.