Page 293 of 2085 FirstFirst ... 1932432832912922932942953033433937931293 ... LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,930 of 20842

Thread: Politics Thread

Time for some Chappaquiddick if this bullsh!t is the new normal.
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    Who are the two guys? I am seeing one named and he won't testify at all in front of congress after denying it took place. That is pretty shady, don't say it in public it never took place then follow it with well I just won't say in front of Congress.

What are you so afraid of just by looking into it? Why so quick to attack the victim?
    Can't the same be said of the victim? She wanted to testify and now she doesn't? Now I understand there is more pressure for her but her attorney requested the hearing. And the Senate Republicans even offered to meet her in private in California.

I think they could give her the 3 days the FBI investigated for Hill. What's the rush? This guy could be on the bench for 40 yrs.! We could end up with another moron like Thomas. Has he even said anything yet?
    Last edited by bobbiemcgee; 09-19-2018 at 11:07 PM.
    2023 Sweet 16

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by GenerationX View Post
    It’s obvious that those who say she had all these years to come forward and didn’t proves it must be false haven’t been victims of underage sexual assault (thank the Lord!). You don’t tell anyone. You think it’s your fault and/or that nobody will believe you. I’m not saying she’s necessarily telling the truth, although I tend to believe her because she IS going through hell. She’s getting death threats!. She knew die-hards would react that way and wanted to remain anonymous. Please just open your mind to other possibilities that aren’t partisan.
    It would certainly help if she could remember any of the details

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    I believe it was given by a retired FBI agent and not her lawyer. Before you freak out get your facts straight.
    It was reported on CNN that it was administered by her lawyer in the lawyers' offices.

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    It would certainly help if she could remember any of the details
    She’s been very clear about the details...

She went to the bathroom; got pushed into a bedroom by him; he got on top of her, aggressively groping her; when she screamed, he forcefully covered her mouth, causing her to fear for her life; the other dude jumped on top of them, allowing her to get free.

The logistical details are obviously not as memorable after all these years. But she most definitely remembers what happened. When you think back to memorable times in your life, do you remember all of the surrounding details? I’ve had a couple of traumatic experiences around that age, and I can recall exactly what happened and generally where it was, but not specifically.

Also, there have been some classmates who say there was a buzz about this in the following days.
    "Some of our guys thought defense was a town in Chile. Other guys thought defense was something you put up around d-house to keep out d-dog and d-cat." Pete Gillen

She’s been very clear about the details...

She went to the bathroom; got pushed into a bedroom by him; he got on top of her, aggressively groping her; when she screamed, he forcefully covered her mouth, causing her to fear for her life; the other dude jumped on top of them, allowing her to get free.
    And the other dude has said it didn’t happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Supporting Member
    It’s obvious that those who say she had all these years to come forward and didn’t proves it must be false haven’t been victims of underage sexual assault (thank the Lord!). You don’t tell anyone. You think it’s your fault and/or that nobody will believe you. I’m not saying she’s necessarily telling the truth, although I tend to believe her because she IS going through hell. She’s getting death threats!. She knew die-hards would react that way and wanted to remain anonymous. Please just open your mind to other possibilities that aren’t partisan.
    First of all, my opinion of this doesn’t have anything to do with politics. Secondly, no thankfully I was never a victim, however if she didn’t tell anyone besides supposedly her therapist which who knows if that is true, then why wait until now when the attention is at its highest point. That’s why I think it’s bullshit.

I feel horrible for the victims of assault, but having a son and a daughter of my own, I am just as fearful for my daughter being a victim as my son being a victim or being wrongfully accused by someone and him not being able to prove it did not happen. All anyone has to do anymore is say it happened and that person is guilty I’m the court of public opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    First of all, my opinion of this doesn’t have anything to do with politics. Secondly, no thankfully I was never a victim, however if she didn’t tell anyone besides supposedly her therapist which who knows if that is true, then why wait until now when the attention is at its highest point. That’s why I think it’s bullshit.
    Then why does she want an investigation? If you think she's lying you should be praying for an investigation to clear Kavanaugh's name.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Caf View Post
    Then why does she want an investigation? If you think she's lying you should be praying for an investigation to clear Kavanaugh's name.
    It has been 36 years..... pray tell how an investigation is going to prove one way or the other?

Personally, I think her agenda is pretty clear here.