Page 283 of 2085 FirstFirst ... 1832332732812822832842852933333837831283 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,830 of 20842

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    Whether you agree with Kaep or not, you have to respect him. The guy gave up his career for his cause. He wasn't getting another starter spot but he could easily have slotted in as a backup for a lot of teams. Not only that, but after losing his career he kept it on. The guy is still charitable and still vocal.
    He is a total piece of shit. How's that for not having to respect him.
    X A V I E R

I'm completely indifferent on Kaepernick. I don't dislike him or anything, but I hardly find him to be a heroic figure.

I think Nikes campaign is going to blow up in their face.

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    He is a total piece of shit. How's that for not having to respect him.
    Nobody owes him a job as a QB. Ask the 600 guys who just got cut and will be bagging groceries soon. And no, I don't respect him at all. Piece of shit as stated.
    Last edited by bobbiemcgee; 09-04-2018 at 06:22 PM.
    2023 Sweet 16

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    Whether you agree with Kaep or not, you have to respect him. The guy gave up his career for his cause. He wasn't getting another starter spot but he could easily have slotted in as a backup for a lot of teams. Not only that, but after losing his career he kept it on. The guy is still charitable and still vocal.
    He's a whiny little bitch, why would I respect someone like that? Yeah real classy awesome guy that wore socks with cops on them in the form of pigs.

His Nike campaign is a complete fucking joke...what sacrifice did he make? He already made his millions....plenty of people have sacrificed for this country or for a group of people...Kaep isn't one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Nobody owes him a job as a QB. Ask the 600 guys who just got cut and will be bagging groceries soon. And no, I don't respect him at all. Piece of shit as stated.
    There was a picture on Facebook today, depicting foreign workers in a Nike sweat shop who apparently make $.20 an hour.

All PR is good PR? Perhaps not anymore.
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    There was a picture on Facebook today, depicting foreign workers in a Nike sweat shop who apparently make $.20 an hour.

All PR is good PR? Perhaps not anymore.
    Like a said, Nike is going to regret this one

Lot of (presumably) old white dudes from the midwest not fond of Kaep it seems.

I don't necessarily agree with his stance, nor do I totally disagree, but I will give him credit for backing up his convictions even thought it ultimately cost him his job. It certainly did become a bit theatrical, though.

Regarding the Nike campaign: my guess is that they did a healthy amount of market research before making this choice. That doesn't mean it will end up being a good choice, but I can pretty much guarantee you that the decision was not taken lightly.
    Eat Donuts!

So you guys like police brutality? I don't and I don't like cops that still put up the blue wall when one of their own is guilty of it.

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    Regarding the Nike campaign: my guess is that they did a healthy amount of market research before making this choice. That doesn't mean it will end up being a good choice, but I can pretty much guarantee you that the decision was not taken lightly.
    Agreed. In my view they'll feel some short term pain, but this is a smart long-term move. Professional athletes are the ones who wear and ultimately sell their products. Sorry Trumpers, you aren't the target market.