Page 269 of 2104 FirstFirst ... 1692192592672682692702712793193697691269 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,690 of 21031

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
    Haha. Did in deeper into Manfort. Dude was employed by Mueller and McCain.
    Don't care where he got his money. The dude owes us taxpayers millions and millions. Why does he think he didn't have to pay? Pay up, assho;e.
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
    Yeah, the Clinton’s payday and Haiti. Get real.
    I don't think the Clinton's take a salary from the foundation. I could be wrong.
    Characterize this rating vs. the Trump Foundation and it's misuse of funds causing the current investigation:

https://www.charitynavigator.org/ind...ry&orgid=16680
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Don't care where he got his money. The dude owes us taxpayers millions and millions. Why does he think he didn't have to pay? Pay up, assho;e.
    Exactly, when the defendant starts attacking the prosecutors and cops it's a last ditch effort to sway the jury.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    I don't think the Clinton's take a salary from the foundation. I could be wrong.
    Characterize this rating vs. the Trump Foundation and it's misuse of funds causing the current investigation:

https://www.charitynavigator.org/ind...ry&orgid=16680
    Clinton's definitely isn't as bad as Trump's, however, since Trump's never registered I don't think it really can be compared. That said, Clinton's was an obvious scam charity just like athletes charities. They book 2-3 things in a foreign vacation spot and spend a month relaxing and 2-3 days doing charity work and book it all to the charity.

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    Clinton's definitely isn't as bad as Trump's, however, since Trump's never registered I don't think it really can be compared. That said, Clinton's was an obvious scam charity just like athletes charities. They book 2-3 things in a foreign vacation spot and spend a month relaxing and 2-3 days doing charity work and book it all to the charity.
    You may be correct. I do note on Charity Tracker that they get really good grades comparing admin expenses (like you are noting) to total spent on charity.
    So they apparently did it well.
    I only have one direct contact with their charitable work. My nephew is a pediatrician, and spent a year in Rwanda setting up pediatric training for their doctors in some very trying circumstances. His work, and that of his colleagues, was paid for by the Clinton Foundation in coordination with Harvard Medical.

Contrast that with Trump using his foundation to pay off flagpole fines or buy pictures of himself to hang in Mar a Lago, and, well...
    Just take a quick glance at Charity Trackers list of how the Clinton Foundation has helped people around the world.

I don't particularly give a shit about these charitable foundation issues, as I think they're generally driven by ego more than a desire to help people (not always, but generally), but I don't THINK the actual complaint about the Clinton Foundation is the charitable work itself. I think the issue has been at least the perception that donating to the Clinton Foundation is a way of buying influence with the Clintons. Less important now, but pretty important when Hillary was a Senator, Secretary of State and presumptive shoo-in to be President.

The best charity work I'm aware of Trump doing was 100% ego driven. They gave a lot of money to presumably good and legitimate charities during The Apprentice. Those were charities chosen by people not named Trump.

Although I disagreed with many of his positions on a variety of issues, there was never a doubt about his courage.

Safe home, John McCain.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Although I disagreed with many of his positions on a variety of issues, there was never a doubt about his courage.

Safe home, John McCain.
    I agree 100%, Paul. I would add that he was also very well-meaning relative to the vast majority of his political machinations. One huge exception was his choice of the Governor of Alaska for his Vice-Presidential running mate. They never seemed to be on the same planet when discussing important issues. (And that is a big tribute to Sen. McCain!!!)

Flags at White House return to full-staff after brief tribute to McCain

This President, who many of you adore, is an absolute piece of trash.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by Caf View Post
    Flags at White House return to full-staff after brief tribute to McCain

This President, who many of you adore, is an absolute piece of trash.
    I agree. Just when you think Trump can't get any more petty and ridiculous, he manages to lower the bar still more.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)