Page 2034 of 2142 FirstFirst ... 1034153419341984202420322033203420352036204420842134 ... LastLast
Results 20,331 to 20,340 of 21413

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    DeSantis endorsed Trump, huh? Oh well, nightmare election here we come.
    Right now I'm having a hard time seeing any other outcome other than Trump winning the election. I just don't think Biden can beat him again, and I don't foresee him not running.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Right now I'm having a hard time seeing any other outcome other than Trump winning the election. I just don't think Biden can beat him again, and I don't foresee him not running.
    As with all elections, it will come down to the independent/moderate vote and about 3-4 states. I have a hard time seeing moderates/independents voting for either of these guys. How are we as a country here again? it was bad enough the first time.

I think that from a political science point of view, the most electable candidates are those who win office in areas that are usually largely for the other party.

Andy Beshear, for example, is the governor of Kentucky. He's a Democrat, but he won office in Kentucky. I think he would walk into the White House if he won the nomination simply because he isn't Biden or Trump.

But, neither side will do this. It will be Trump v Biden, and I think Trump wins this time.

I also think that this is a major collective fail. The fringe has taken over. Most of us are more sane than fringe, but we can't (or won't) band together to stop it. We'll both still vote for "Our" fringe guy.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Trump seems to think he running against Pelosi.
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Trump seems to think he running against Pelosi.
    How many eyebrows does she have anyway?
    "normal people aren't obsessed with Trump" --Nikki Haley, December 17, 2023

"normal people aren't obsessed with Trump" --Nikki Haley, December 17, 2023

Welcome to GOP decision day. We find out today if there's any hope for the anti-Trump portion of the GOP. All signs point to no.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Welcome to GOP decision day. We find out today if there's any hope for the anti-Trump portion of the GOP. All signs point to no.
    Yeah seems like a no. The gop is much more into kissing the ring and losing elections nowadays. We need a legitimate third party now more than ever. How the fringe of both parties is taking so much control is mind numbing.

Sophomore
    You're in the minority - maybe you're the fringe???

Supporting Member
    A record number, between 48-49% of Americans, identify as political independents.

1.) This is further proof that the majority are fed up with the two party system and the ones in control of it right now.
    2.) Hopefully there will be enough push in the coming years to get our country back to where it should be with common sense solutions and compromise whether that's by a growth of a third party or the dismantling of the current power fringe structure in both parties.