Page 183 of 2085 FirstFirst ... 831331731811821831841851932332836831183 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 20841

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    I think before he died, Hugh Hefner endorsed this guy for Ohio governor:

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...ast/874905001/
    Did you really think that Hugh Hefner would endorse a guy who remained a virgin throughout his life? Hefner is dead now. Why even bring up such a topic? As soon as Cordray enters the race, he was going to step away from a run for governor anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by muskienick View Post
    Did you really think that Hugh Hefner would endorse a guy who remained a virgin throughout his life? Hefner is dead now. Why even bring up such a topic? As soon as Cordray enters the race, he was going to step away from a run for governor anyway.
    Is this a serious post?

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    Is this a serious post?
    Can't be

Quote Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
    The government is the only party that decides who gets to vote, and it always has been the only party. Who do you think decides who gets to vote?

In some states the government lets felons vote, in other states it doesn't. People that aren't citizens aren't allowed to vote in Federal elections, but some localities let them vote. And policing those votes on a Federal level is different from state to state. Some states are pretty lax about it.

People that are under 18 don't get to vote. Some felons don't get to vote. Plenty of people are not allowed to vote by the government. Tens of millions of people in this country aren't allowed to vote. If that isn't government, who do you think is doing that.

As for procreation, government pays for poor people to move to America and have children. It is a pretty big incentive. Mexican women of child bearing age have more children in the United states per woman than they have in Mexico. We pay them to do this. Over 80% of first generation Mexican immigrants are on some type of welfare program. You might approve or disapprove, but government has a huge hand in the ongoing demographic displacement of the native born population.
    You are a master of context. Obviously the government decides who gets to vote, but not on the basis of who "contributes".

Well, my idea was contributions should be a factor. I know that isn't the current law. Your ramblings about the free market and Venezuela were incoherent and I wasn't sure what point you were making. Your clarification here does little to nudge your point either. I am not sure what your point was.

Quote Originally Posted by Caf View Post
    The free market and capitalism takes care of all of this. Why would you want the government to get involved in deciding who gets to vote or procreate? That much government control is a lot more like Venezuela than today's America.
    See I just read it again, and I am not sure what your point is.
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

Quote Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
    Well, my idea was contributions should be a factor.
    And my idea is that they shouldn't be. Any requirement for voting other than citizenship and age is a step towards authoritarianism.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    If tax reform gets done, all the other bullshit with Trump will have been worth it.
    The circus of the last 12 months is now officially worth it. Today is a glorious day.

The circus of the last 12 months is now officially worth it. Today is a glorious day.
    Kidding right? So do anything but put money in the hands of people who spend it is folly. This tax bill is Kansas on a national scale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This tax bill is a move towards sanity. Finally.

This tax bill is a move towards sanity. Finally.
    Because it worked so well in the 80s and 2000s and in Kansas, sure ok. I hope our corporate overlords are benevolent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk