Page 1623 of 2119 FirstFirst ... 623112315231573161316211622162316241625163316731723 ... LastLast
Results 16,221 to 16,230 of 21188

Thread: Politics Thread

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Stop putting false words to what I said to score whatever points you *think* you get. (Spoiler: It’s zero)
    Obama was known as the “Deporter in Chief” for awhile and I actually think the DACA program he put in place was reasonable. At least he respected the Border Agents.
    Trump had the Border MORE secure, but he couldn’t finish the job because The lefty stupid Dems wouldn’t let him finish the wall. Oh, By the way. The Congress just voted money to do MORE WORK toward finishing the wall, no thanks to Biden.
    And you conveniently leave out the part about a record number of illegals crossing and also getting away in these most recent months under Biden/Harris’ incompetence in your little speil. They have not discouraged hoardes of illegals to flood in here, but tacitly encouraged it, while the WH Press Secretary lies through her teeth that “The Border is Secure”. Plus they falsely accused Border Agents of “whipping” migrants. A blantantly false lie that has been totally debunked. That surely killed Border Agent morale. This Administration screws up everything it touches. I hear no defense of it from the mouthy corners on here who can’t shut up about “Trump this” or “Trump that”.
    Your post is snide trash and you know it. Idiocy in words memorialized.
    Do better, Snark.
    You= obsession with Biden.
    Paul= obsession with Trump.

You two are one and the same.

You just blabbed about biden for one very long insufferable paragraph that had zero to do with with the point I was making which is that you are talking out of both sides of your mouth, per usual.

At no point did I say Biden was doing a good job with the border, you just can’t help yourself.

Also, I don’t know where you get your “trump made the border more secure” info from because it’s laughable. Maybe he whispered it in your ear and you ate it up. Read up https://www.cato.org/blog/trumps-bor...migrants-sneak

Lastly, It’s absolutely hysterical that you seem to imply a wall is going to do something to fix this issue. But yeah why not, government loves spending our money on shit that doesn’t work.
    Last edited by Xville; 12-30-2022 at 10:31 PM.

The last administration used Title 42 (I think it's called) to turn back immigrants of all types at the border. It was to prevent the spread of Covid.
    So far the current administration has turned back over 2 million people under the same guidelines.
    Comprehensive legislation is needed, but I don't see much hope for it as one side keeps using the fear factor of immigration.
    Not a good situation for any and all concerned.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by STL_XUfan View Post
    Yeah Paul, I saw him planning the whole thing in the basement of Cosmic Pizza.
    We’re they discussing Russiagate there as the walls were closing in?
    Official XUHoops Resident Legal Scholar.
    (Do not take this seriously)

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    The last administration used Title 42 (I think it's called) to turn back immigrants of all types at the border. It was to prevent the spread of Covid.
    So far the current administration has turned back over 2 million people under the same guidelines.
    Comprehensive legislation is needed, but I don't see much hope for it as one side keeps using the fear factor of immigration.
    Not a good situation for any and all concerned.
    It also had the remain in Mexico policy and worked to secure the border. Seemed to work better than what is happening now. Has Biden been to the border?
    Official XUHoops Resident Legal Scholar.
    (Do not take this seriously)

I think it is interesting that Covid is still being played up as a threat - realistically or not - and the question if it should be dismissed as an issue at the border.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Joe Biden loves Xavier basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    You= obsession with Biden.
    Paul= obsession with Trump.

You two are one and the same.

You just blabbed about biden for one very long insufferable paragraph that had zero to do with with the point I was making which is that you are talking out of both sides of your mouth, per usual.

At no point did I say Biden was doing a good job with the border, you just can’t help yourself.

Also, I don’t know where you get your “trump made the border more secure” info from because it’s laughable. Maybe he whispered it in your ear and you ate it up. Read up https://www.cato.org/blog/trumps-bor...migrants-sneak

Lastly, It’s absolutely hysterical that you seem to imply a wall is going to do something to fix this issue. But yeah why not, government loves spending our money on shit that doesn’t work.
    “Obsession with Biden. Uh, Biden is the current President. The other guy is long gone.
    That opening statement makes the rest of your post irrelevant.
    No reason to respond to trash.
    Happy new year.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    “Obsession with Biden. Uh, Biden is the current President. The other guy is long gone.
    That opening statement makes the rest of your post irrelevant.
    No reason to respond to trash.
    Happy new year.
    Yeah if I was called out for saying something completely ignorant like “trump had the border more secure ” and then was presented with something that clearly demonstrates that wasn’t true, I wouldn’t want to respond either.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Yeah if I was called out for saying something completely ignorant like “trump had the border more secure ” and then was presented with something that clearly demonstrates that wasn’t true, I wouldn’t want to respond either.
    Except that it was.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Can't believe that liberal commie think tank Cato Institute.
    After all, Charles Koch was one of the founders and he's definitely a tree-hugging, eco-friendly kind of guy.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.