Page 162 of 2085 FirstFirst ... 621121521601611621631641722122626621162 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 20842

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post

And yet........They're still defending the Confederate memorials protesters right to assemble.
    They did last time, and I thought they were the only good guys in the whole situation. But they seem to be wavering post-C'ville.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    What is "head scratching" about it? They are clearly supporting free speech forever. They just made the errrrr, *mistake* of putting the *wrong* racial type on there.

The reacts are ludicrous.
    I agree that the reactions are ridiculous, but not surprising given the content. What I think is head scratching is the tweet just doesn't even make sense. They clarified that the future they want is babies in ACLU onesies. What an ineffective way of communicating that.

Probably the only thing dumber than getting upset about that tweet, is getting upset about people getting upset about that tweet.

I think it's just frightening how fucking crazy way too many people are.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I think it's just frightening how fucking crazy way too many people are.
    There's not that many crazy people. Twitter, white nationalist rallies, etc. are just self selecting samples of pissed off crazy people.

"Our only choice - our only choice is to live together as sisters and brothers or perish as fools" - MLK

Related:

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/08/24...d-is-together/
    2023 Sweet 16

Appreciate the link, Bobbie.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
    I think that they are all coming down. And not just Confederate statues. In that same park is a statue of Jefferson and one day that will come down as well. He is a slave owning rapist, and if you protest ripping down Jefferson you will be declared a Nazi and an enemy of the people.

Lincoln was a racist who openly believed that black people were inferior and would never be equal to whites. Washington was another Virginia slave holder like Jefferson. Teddy Roosevelt was an ardent supporter of eugenics and White Supremacy. There, I just took down Mt Rushmore.

I think they are all coming down, and anyone who disagrees with me is a Nazi racist.

I still think they are all coming down. That is my future prediction. I can't see how anyone can justify statues of slave owners when the mob gets angry at them. White people don't want to be racist in the face of angry minorities. The only people defending them will be labeled Nazis and White Supremacists.

Abe Lincoln said horrible things about Black people. He really did. How can the mob let that stand? They won't.

This has been in the works for awhile. White Supremacy is everywhere, even the ACLU has had to apologize for it. If the ACLU has to apologize to the mob there is no hope for you. White people are evil. We came here and killed the natives. We enslaved the black man. We took the brown man's California and repressed him. We excluded the yellow man. And we are even guilty of colonialism even though we didn't have many colonies.

The White man is becoming a minority in the country, and our Universities have been teaching about the wrongs of the White man for quite some time.

To confess, I really had nothing to do with slavery. Not one thing. I can even show you a timeline. But people are pissed about slavery in 2017. I am pretty sure people will be pissed about slavery in 2027 & and 2037. Silly me, I thought Bill Clinton had already apologized for it.

White guilt is for White people to be ashamed of their ancestors from people who take no responsibility over their own children. Can't see how this ends well. Don't see it getting better next year, when we ring in 2018. I can't imagine these arguments ever going away. I will be dead and gone and my children will be hounded by the same arguments. Get used to it, it is only going to expand and continue. For my take, I say tear it all down, even the racist Statue of Liberty. The Lincoln Monument needs a recking ball. Mt Rushmore needs to be eradicated. I am on the right side of history, and I wanted it to be documented before the purge.

The esteemed Bolshevik Vladimir Lenin said that all politics comes down to the question of Who/Whom? Who gets to do what to Whom? And that isn't a bad distillation of tribal politics in a multi-cultural society. They are taking down Confederate monuments but calling for Jefferson, Washington and Mt Rushmore. An Ohio town had a statue of the revolutionary war hero decapitated yesterday. A Catholic School in San Antonio just took down statues of Mary and Jesus as to not provide offense. A little baby wearing a free speech onesie with a flag marks the ACLU as a White Supremacist organization.

Things are accelerating fast. Society may be near collapse. People are talking about Civil War and the failure of Democracy. I am not sure how and when this ends, but again, I don't think it ends well.
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

Wow, 3:36 a.m. I think I got up to pee about that time. At any rate, I prefer to think it's always darkest before the dawn. This stuff going on today has been bubbling beneath the surface for decades and the current President has provided an opportunity to finally spill out into the open. For the record, I am no Trump supporter or apologist, but the pragmatist in me says that his lunacy has brought the topic front and center, hopefully to be addressed and put to bed once and for all. I have no idea how this whole shit-storm ends, but the optimist in me wants to believe it will address the wounds and over time (probably a long time) allow them to heal. The old saying is that the first step to overcoming any problem is to first admit it exists. Well, I pretty sure that Charlottesville and Mr. Trump's response to it in Trump Tower achieved that much. Now, hopefully we heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
    I still think they are all coming down. That is my future prediction. I can't see how anyone can justify statues of slave owners when the mob gets angry at them. White people don't want to be racist in the face of angry minorities. The only people defending them will be labeled Nazis and White Supremacists.

Abe Lincoln said horrible things about Black people. He really did. How can the mob let that stand? They won't.

This has been in the works for awhile. White Supremacy is everywhere, even the ACLU has had to apologize for it. If the ACLU has to apologize to the mob there is no hope for you. White people are evil. We came here and killed the natives. We enslaved the black man. We took the brown man's California and repressed him. We excluded the yellow man. And we are even guilty of colonialism even though we didn't have many colonies.

The White man is becoming a minority in the country, and our Universities have been teaching about the wrongs of the White man for quite some time.

To confess, I really had nothing to do with slavery. Not one thing. I can even show you a timeline. But people are pissed about slavery in 2017. I am pretty sure people will be pissed about slavery in 2027 & and 2037. Silly me, I thought Bill Clinton had already apologized for it.

White guilt is for White people to be ashamed of their ancestors from people who take no responsibility over their own children. Can't see how this ends well. Don't see it getting better next year, when we ring in 2018. I can't imagine these arguments ever going away. I will be dead and gone and my children will be hounded by the same arguments. Get used to it, it is only going to expand and continue. For my take, I say tear it all down, even the racist Statue of Liberty. The Lincoln Monument needs a recking ball. Mt Rushmore needs to be eradicated. I am on the right side of history, and I wanted it to be documented before the purge.

The esteemed Bolshevik Vladimir Lenin said that all politics comes down to the question of Who/Whom? Who gets to do what to Whom? And that isn't a bad distillation of tribal politics in a multi-cultural society. They are taking down Confederate monuments but calling for Jefferson, Washington and Mt Rushmore. An Ohio town had a statue of the revolutionary war hero decapitated yesterday. A Catholic School in San Antonio just took down statues of Mary and Jesus as to not provide offense. A little baby wearing a free speech onesie with a flag marks the ACLU as a White Supremacist organization.

Things are accelerating fast. Society may be near collapse. People are talking about Civil War and the failure of Democracy. I am not sure how and when this ends, but again, I don't think it ends well.
    Pray the Rosary daily

Supporting Member
    Looks like Ted Cruz needs a lesson that your "favorites" on Twitter are public.

Do you think he goes with the "I was hacked" excuse or are interns drawing straws this morning to see who is the sacrificial lamb?
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

Quote Originally Posted by STL_XUfan View Post
    Looks like Ted Cruz needs a lesson that your "favorites" on Twitter are public.

Do you think he goes with the "I was hacked" excuse or are interns drawing straws this morning to see who is the sacrificial lamb?
    The hacked excuse. No one needs to be fired over something that is more funny than something that actually matters.