Page 153 of 2085 FirstFirst ... 531031431511521531541551632032536531153 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 20842

Thread: Politics Thread

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    I can find you 100 plus examples of people on Twitter who wished him dead. A lot of them were writers for liberal rags.

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics...en-john-mccain
    And this morning I can find you a similar number of people on Twitter wishing him dead for the exact opposite reason. I think we can all agree that we should ignore the insane people on Twitter yelling into the void.
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    I can find you 100 plus examples of people on Twitter who wished him dead. A lot of them were writers for liberal rags.

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics...en-john-mccain
    More numerous were the people saying he was cutting other people's cancer treatments as he was receiving them.

Agree or disagree with him, his past week is the stuff of Profiles in Courage.

Quote Originally Posted by STL_XUfan View Post
    And this morning I can find you a similar number of people on Twitter wishing him dead for the exact opposite reason. I think we can all agree that we should ignore the insane people on Twitter yelling into the void.
    But then we wouldn't have the opportunity to feel so self-righteous about the other side. Doesn't everyone like to engage in ad hominem fallacies?

Quote Originally Posted by XUFan09 View Post
    But then we wouldn't have the opportunity to feel so self-righteous about the other side. Doesn't everyone like to engage in ad hominem fallacies?
    Big nerd post alert. I'm very interested to see how historians measure the impact the internet had on this era. Internet echo chambers, people only reading what they agree with, and talking to who they agree with is obviously causing enormous polarization. It's probably also making people dumber while they think they're getting smarter.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Caf View Post
    Big nerd post alert. I'm very interested to see how historians measure the impact the internet had on this era. Internet echo chambers, people only reading what they agree with, and talking to who they agree with is obviously causing enormous polarization. It's probably also making people dumber while they think they're getting smarter.
    Are you trying to tell me there is a chance that Brawndo doesn't have what plants crave?
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

Quote Originally Posted by STL_XUfan View Post
    Are you trying to tell me there is a chance that Brawndo doesn't have what plants crave?
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. It's got Electrolytes.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    While John Kelly Jr. replaces Reince Priebus as Chief of Staff, it's possible that Priebus may or may not have gotten the Lane Kiffin treatment on a tarmac.

Quote Originally Posted by Caf View Post
    It is fascinating. The question really is: will there be any historians? If so I don't think anyone will really care unfortunately.

Scarmucci Out (ten days after being hired).
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

NY Post cover 7/28

This is now the best timed newspaper cover ever. 2 of 7 down since it was published, on Friday....