Page 1476 of 2116 FirstFirst ... 476976137614261466147414751476147714781486152615761976 ... LastLast
Results 14,751 to 14,760 of 21151

Thread: Politics Thread

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    You do realize that your talking about States, that STILL to this day, are dealing with the CULTURE established by the Jim Crow Southern Dems after the Civil war?

Wise up ,V'ille.
    Care to explain that one?
    Last edited by Xville; 09-15-2022 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    No, it's not...all it is, is answering a topic with a different topic. It's basically gaslighting.
    Evidently you have never participated in any organized debates. I have, although only in HS.

The most important thing is to establish "Hypocrisy" in your opposition FIRST.. Then use that as a key part of winning the argument. I was taught that early by my Scholastic Debate Coach. Just basic stuff V'ille.

Constantly used in Politics and Courtrooms for CENTURIES.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Supporting Member
    Evidently you have never participated in any organized debates. I have, although only in HS.

The most important thing is to establish "Hypocrisy" in your opposition FIRST.. Then use that as a key part of winning the argument. I was taught that early by my Scholastic Debate Coach. Just basic stuff V'ille.

Constantly used in Politics and Courtrooms for CENTURIES.
    WTF are you talking about? Whataboutism isn't anything what you described in the above. It is essentially...he who lives in glass houses should not throw stones

and/or

answering a question or a topic with something that doesn't even debate it but deflects to another topic or question.

No, the key is always to establish Hypocrisy..... basically exposing the opposition for what they are accusing your stance to be. It's critical.

It is Politics 101.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Supporting Member
    No, the key is always to establish Hypocrisy..... basically exposing the opposition for what they are accusing your stance to be. It's critical.

It is Politics 101.
    This is what you said:

And all you Leftist here stop with the "whataboutism".

It is PARAMOUNT to ANY DEBATE.

Whataboutism is not what you described above and politics 101 is just putting a bunch of ad hominem arguments together...basically exactly what you are doing---the person being democrats
    Last edited by Xville; 09-15-2022 at 02:51 PM.

WTF are you talking about? Whataboutism isn't anything what you described in the above. It is essentially...he who lives in glass houses should not throw stones

and/or

answering a question or a topic with something that doesn't even debate it but deflects to another topic or question.
    I always found the term "whataboutism" to be used to refute when someone's hypocrisy is exposed. Also known as deflection or gaslighting.
    Official XUHoops Resident Legal Scholar.
    (Do not take this seriously)

Care to explain that one?
    I don't think he understood your point.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Florida reacts:
    Local Venezuelan leaders and other immigration advocates gathered in Doral where they denounced what they call DeSanits' blatant disregard for human life and the lies he told to the Cuban and Venezuelan communities. They point to a September 7th press conference in Miami where they said he promised that neither Cubans nor Venezuelans would be sent out of the state.
    Meanwhile on Martha's Vineyard:
    Some of the migrants sent to Massachusetts told translators they didn't even know where they were.

State Rep. Dylan Fernandes, who represents Martha's Vineyard, tweeted: "Our island jumped into action putting together 50 beds, giving everyone a good meal, providing a play area for the children, making sure people have the healthcare and support they need. We are a community that comes together to support immigrants."
    I wonder if DeSantis knows the Massachusetts' governor is a Republican.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Or maybe bus them to locations where employers are having difficulty filling job positions.
    Maybe have them apply for legal immigration?

I would guess most from Venezuela and Cuba are seeking political asylum.