Page 1379 of 2085 FirstFirst ... 379879127913291369137713781379138013811389142914791879 ... LastLast
Results 13,781 to 13,790 of 20842

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    I'm just trying to understand how the majority of a major political party believes a lie.
    Technically it's fascinating. And yes, it has consequences.
    But the pure ability to convince millions of people in a lie, is quite a feat.
    Massive exposure through twitter and the media from a select number of sources seems to be one answer.
    Many of us felt the same about the Russian collusion lie but we’re past it.
    Official XUHoops Resident Legal Scholar.
    (Do not take this seriously)

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    That’s where stats can say whatever one wants then to say and why I think these types of polls are mostly crap. I highly doubt the majority of republicans believe this and this is an example into what caf was saying in his post. These type of things are thrown out for clicks, and thus further consumption of polarizing one sided nonsense that causes more division in this country.
    Okay everybody, I guess it's time to shut this thread down. Ville has had enough of this foolishness. We're apparently not allowed to have opinions here, nor discuss any issues, nor cite any unapproved media sources or politicians. Apparently truth doesn't exist (unless of course Larry Hogan makes some type of utterance) - it's all gray, therefore not worthy of debate.

We're so sorry Ville, for upsetting you, and wasting your time.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XU_Lou View Post
    Okay everybody, I guess it's time to shut this thread down. Ville has had enough of this foolishness. We're apparently not allowed to have opinions here, nor discuss any issues, nor cite any unapproved media sources or politicians. Apparently truth doesn't exist (unless of course Larry Hogan makes some type of utterance) - it's all gray, therefore not worthy of debate.

We're so sorry Ville, for upsetting you, and wasting your time.
    Sorry to trigger you, hope you feel better
    Last edited by Xville; 06-16-2022 at 01:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    That’s where stats can say whatever one wants then to say and why I think these types of polls are mostly crap. I highly doubt the majority of republicans believe this and this is an example into what caf was saying in his post. These type of things are thrown out for clicks, and thus further consumption of polarizing one sided nonsense that causes more division in this country.
    I was noting the technical reality of millions of tweets of misinformation. In the real world they unfortunately have consequences.
    For example in Nevada on Tuesday:
    Nevada Republicans’ nominee to be the state’s next top e4lection officials thinks Donald Trump won the 2020 election and says he would not have certified Joe Biden’s victory in the state, even though the Democrat won with more than a 2% margin.
    Marchant was on hand for the signing of a slate of fake Trump electors in 2020, and later told The Guardian that he would support another slate of presidential electors contrary to the actual presidential election results in 2024: “That is very possible, yes,” Marchant said.
    Can you imagine the mess in '24 if real results aren't certified, and fake electors are put forth the way it was tried in '20?
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
    Many of us felt the same about the Russian collusion lie but we’re past it.
    Yes, it's called being a grown up.
    dayton will lose by 40 and we will loot tonight.
    -Pablo

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    I was noting the technical reality of millions of tweets of misinformation. In the real world they unfortunately have consequences.
    For example in Nevada on Tuesday:
    LOL..you realize that twitter is not the real world , right?. I don't think you do. 21% of US adults use twitter..of that 21%, the top 25% make 98% of the tweets.
    dayton will lose by 40 and we will loot tonight.
    -Pablo

Quote Originally Posted by Smails View Post
    LOL..you realize that twitter is not the real world , right?. I don't think you do. 21% of US adults use twitter..of that 21%, the top 25% make 98% of the tweets.
    That’s a big problem with this White House. They actually think that Twitter is the real world and GOVERN by it.
    Whenever there is an Adminstration screw up- which happens almost daily- Ron Klain, and Psaki before she left, just Tweets through it.
    Those tweets don’t age well.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

A response to the bullshit that oil companies are price gouging and not drilling.

https://cnsnews.com/index.php/articl...ncrease-supply

“ Forbes magazine reporter David Blackmon asked ExxonMobil for a response to Biden's criticism and received this reply:

"We have been in regular contact with the administration, informing them of our planned investments to increase production and expand refining capacity in the United States.

We increased production in the Permian Basin by 70%, or 190,000 barrels per day, between 2019 and 2021. We expect to increase production from the Permian by another 25% this year. We’re spending 50% more in capital expenditures in the Permian in 2022 vs 2021 and are increasing refining capacity to process U.S. light crude by about 250,000 barrels per day – which is the equivalent of adding a new medium sized refinery.

"We reported losses of more than $20 billion in 2020, and we borrowed more than $30 billion in 2019 and 2020 to support our investments in production around the world. In 2021, total taxes on the company’s income statement were $40.6 billion, an increase of $17.8 billion from 2020."

Nice post MOR! That has to be factual and blows up any "gouging" BS. Again, Paul is just parroting the Political "shell game" perpetrated by the propaganda arm of the Democrat Party.....the MSM.

Here's something I believe to be factual, or at least the way I understand it.

The Feds issue leases, then the Oil Companies apply for the leases that have good profit possibilities. They then send in their team of experts to determine if crude, is in fact, there AND IF there is enough to make a profit.....because obviously it is very expensive to start up drilling on untouched land.

If it is deemed to be a "Go" and a high chance for profitability, the Drilling Permits are applied for.

Problem is, those permits can always be denied AND Biden and his party are operating on the Obama Doctrine fossil fuel agenda. I am guessing any NEW Leases approved by this Administration is on lands that are known to be void of any significant amounts of Crude. That is why the Oil Companies are asking for more NEW leases in specific areas known to contain large amounts of crude.

The game that is being played here is that Biden says NO to these requests, and points to the "9000" existing leases available. When the Oil Companies balk for the above reasons, he's able to tell the American people they refuse to drill.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 06-16-2022 at 09:44 AM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Nice post MOR! That has to be factual and blows up any "gouging" BS. Again, Paul is just parroting the Political "shell game" perpetrated by the propaganda arm of the Democrat Party.....the MSM.

Here's something I believe to be factual, or at least the way I understand it.

The Feds issue leases, then the Oil Companies apply for the leases that have a good possibility profitability. They then send in their team of experts to determine if crude, is in fact, there AND IF there is enough to make a profit.....because obviously it is very expensive to start up drilling on untouched land.

If it is deemed to be a "Go" and a high chance for profitability, the Drilling Permits are applied for.

Problem is, Biden and his party are operating on the Obama Doctrine fossil fuel agenda. I am guessing any NEW Leases approved by this Administration is on lands that are known to be void of any significant amounts of Crude. That is why the Oil Companies are asking for more NEW leases in specific areas known to contain large amounts of crude.

The game that is being played here is that Biden says NO to these requests, and points to the "9000" existing leases available. When the Oil Companies balk for the above reasons, he's able to tell the American people they refuse to drill.
    Truth Xuper. Thanks for the amplification!
    All those lands are not necessarily abundant with crude, or easy to extract.

And there’s this too:

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2022/02/24/...l-battle-.html

“ The Biden administration is delaying decisions on new oil and gas leases and permits after a Louisiana federal judge blocked officials from using higher cost estimates of climate change when making rules for polluting industries.

The leasing pause is an unintended result of the Feb. 11 decision by U.S. District Judge James Cain, who sided with a group GOP-led states and argued that the Biden administration's attempt to raise the real cost of climate change would hike energy costs and hurt state revenues from energy production.”
    Last edited by Masterofreality; 06-16-2022 at 09:50 AM.