Page 1346 of 2113 FirstFirst ... 346846124612961336134413451346134713481356139614461846 ... LastLast
Results 13,451 to 13,460 of 21128

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Sooo, who KEEPS politicizing the pandemic now Paul? The same people who started doing it. Your people.
    But as America heads into midterm elections next year, the political right and the anti-vaccine movement are drawing ever-closer together. It's an alliance that promises to give both sides more power, but the cost is potentially thousands of American lives.
    These are not my people. Yours maybe...but not mine.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

By the way, it’s been 100 days now since ya Boi Biden has had any direct interaction with the Press. The longest in History. When will he stand up there and be forced to answer questions?? Is he accountable or not? I guess it’s hard to fit press meetings in between naps.
    He just took questions from the press on March 22.
    https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-...-conference-7/

And he's got a long way to go to catch the record holder.

A little more than three weeks after his inauguration, Donald Trump gave his first-ever press conference as president.
    One year later, that circus-like exchange remains Trump’s first, last, and only formal press conference—the longest period of time without a solo press conference held by an American president in at least half a century.
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/presid...half-a-century

Hmmm.
    I will note that my words were somewhat inaccurate because of that long rambling almost incoherent “press conference” that Biden held, where he encouraged Putin to make a “Minor Incursion” into Ukraine, but, no direct interview since the one Biden screwed up with the friendly Lester Holt….

He had a “Press Conference” in Belgium but not on US soil. He refuses to face the American press, makes speeches off of a teleprompter then turns his back and walks away. Some Accountability.

Per the Daily Mail:
    Friday marked 100 days since Biden last gave an interview to the press

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...interview.html

And from the Guardian- certainly no “Right Wing” media:

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/...ess-conference

Biden has held just nine formal news conferences during his first year, according to research compiled by Martha Joynt Kumar, director of the White House Transition Project. Trump had held 22 and Barack Obama 27 at the same point in their presidencies.

Stop covering for your dementia ridden incompetent boob Paul. The American people see it, but you won’t.
    Last edited by Masterofreality; 05-22-2022 at 08:44 AM.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Read through the numbers in the report, and note the earlier detail of the former president's conference.
    Trump's were not solo press conferences, but joint ones where he took limited questions because another person was on the stage.

In his first year, Trump gave one formal press conference at the White House. Biden has done 2, one the longest on record.
    Additionally, Biden has done 5 other solo press conferences...Trump none.
    From your own linked person's actual report:

https://www.whitehousetransitionproj...-Full-year.pdf

But this is all deflection. Biden's press secretary has been out there almost every day of his presidency answering questions from reporters about the administration's positions. Trump actually had a White House press secretary who never held a White House press briefing. She has answered questions from the January 6th committee and warned of the danger the former president poses for our country.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Read through the numbers in the report, and note the earlier detail of the former president's conference.
    Trump's were not solo press conferences, but joint ones where he took limited questions because another person was on the stage.

In his first year, Trump gave one formal press conference at the White House. Biden has done 2, one the longest on record.
    Additionally, Biden has done 5 other solo press conferences...Trump none.
    From your own linked person's actual report:

https://www.whitehousetransitionproj...-Full-year.pdf

But this is all deflection. Biden's press secretary has been out there almost every day of his presidency answering questions from reporters about the administration's positions. Trump actually had a White House press secretary who never held a White House press briefing. She has answered questions from the January 6th committee and warned of the danger the former president poses for our country.
    Are you delusional or just memory challenged?
    Trump’s Press Secretaries Sara Huckabee, and her successors like Kaylee McInany (sp?) were out there every day being harassed by Grandstanders like Jim Acosta and having to defend against tons of Lies from Adam Schiff and the misinformation Democrats.
    And whether or not someone else was “on the stage” guess who was asked, and had to answer the vast majority of questions? Talk about somebody misdirecting!!!
    It is impossible to have a discussion with a guy who has zero consciousness outside of his blue bubble.
    I guess you just took you daily naps every day when those Press Briefings were going on, huh Paul?
    Last edited by Masterofreality; 05-22-2022 at 10:25 AM.

Stephanie Grisham was the White House press secretary for 9 months (she followed Sanders I think).
    In those 9 months she never held one White House press briefing (following a 6 month lull in them, preceding her time)

So, yes, I was able to nap during her non-existent briefings.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/5...ve-from-trump/

But….But…. From that article- which is true:
    He said he didn’t think we needed any more briefings. He spoke to the press two or three times a day directly so then my job was to work more behind the scenes, with print with regional and local.”

Get real Paul. Trump was one of the most public Presidents we’ve had. How much more Grandstanding Circus Acts from Jim Acosta and Yamiche Alcindor can one Administration take? The pause in Press Conferences came because of the unfair, biased coverage he received. How many more times can you defend yourself against lies? Lies from Adam Schiff, Pelosi and Schumer??
    No matter what he said it was twisted and unfair just like the “bleach” comment that has been debunked earlier in this thread.
    I’m sure you still totally believe the Steele Dossier too.
    Last edited by Masterofreality; 05-22-2022 at 11:07 AM.

Go, glad things worked out for you and your family.
    Where states chose to hold kids out, it's understandable I think.
    Kids were remarkably resilient to the virus, but 20% of cases were kids.
    So, being in school and spreading it, and then taking it home to more vulnerable people is a consideration.
    I believe people who made the decisions to close schools, did so trying to control a health issue; not as some would think for any political gain.
    We've lost a million; that's a lot of folks.
    Yeah, that really worked out so well. I also refer back to Muskie in Dayton’s post.
    Seems like Florida did it right. Thanks Rom DeSantis!

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...cation/629938/

Are you delusional or just memory challenged?
    Trump’s Press Secretaries Sara Huckabee, and her successors like Kaylee McInany (sp?) were out there every day
    I guess you just took you daily naps every day when those Press Briefings were going on, huh Paul?
    Stephanie Grisham was the White House press secretary for 9 months (she followed Sanders I think).
    In those 9 months she never held one White House press briefing (following a 6 month lull in them, preceding her time)
    One of these things is correct. One is not.
    No matter how you try to excuse it.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Tuesday is going to be an indicator of just how vengeful a person Donald Trump will be in the upcoming general election. Brian Kemp is expected to cruise to the Republican nomination for governor (as will Democrat Stacey Abrams), but we'll also see whether or not Secretary of State Brad Raffensparger is going to win the Republican nomination again. Trump has put the blame solely on them for his losses in Georgia in the presidential (and later Senate) races.

And that's not even counting congressional primaries. We'll see if Greene gets to run for another term.