Page 1335 of 2115 FirstFirst ... 335835123512851325133313341335133613371345138514351835 ... LastLast
Results 13,341 to 13,350 of 21143

Thread: Politics Thread

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    You don’t understand the term centrist do you, lou? Let me educate you once again… it’s having objective viewpoints based on an issue and not just believing the stance of whatever party you are aligned with. Said another way, it could be on an issue such as capitalism… a centrist viewpoint would be people should be allowed to make the money that they make, but the ridiculous gap between the very top and the next level is a cause of concern and should be looked at to fix. “Extremism” is going to the furthest right or left that you can go politically, it’s not really that difficult to understand. For the left it would be the ridiculous notion that theee are more than two genders.
    You don't have a fucking clue what you're talking about. You obviously know very little about my politics.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by xuphan View Post
    Still waiting for you to answer my question there LOU.
    It's pretty easy Phan, just answer that one question. Is it really that hard?

Supporting Member
    A Centrist who is unwilling to debate points he considers extreme is merely another extremist.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie in dayton View Post
    A Centrist who is unwilling to debate points he considers extreme is merely another extremist.
    Exactly!

Ville and Phan are two peas in a pod on this one. Both love to come in here and label and criticize people for their views, but very seldom do they tell us what they think on the topic, or what their solutions are. Moreover, their line of attack is almost exclusively focused on those on the "right", which is very telling....

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie in dayton View Post
    When have I been unwilling to debate points? Lou said he didn’t know where I stood so I went through several political topics and gave him my opinion which answered his original question. In return, I asked him to show what liberal views he has to prove he is not an extreme right wing conservative? He has yet to answer that question. All he has done is dodge that question and ask about 20ish more questions about my stance. How many genders are there? There are two genders. There I have answered another question from LOU. Let’s see if he will finally answer my question.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by XU_Lou View Post
    Exactly!

Ville and Phan are two peas in a pod on this one. Both love to come in here and label and criticize people for their views, but very seldom do they tell us what they think on the topic, or what their solutions are. Moreover, their line of attack is almost exclusively focused on those on the "right", which is very telling....
    “Almost exclusively focused on those on the right”

LetÂ’s go through what I have said on here

Global Warming is happening and their is evidence that it is occurring. (Liberal point of view)
    Donald Trump sucks (liberal point of view)
    Joe Biden suck (conservative point of view)

DonÂ’t believe in Gun Control (conservative) General Public donÂ’t need an AR-15.
    Abortion (Liberal) I am pro-life but itÂ’s not my decision or the governments decision on what others should do with their bodies.
    Immigration (conservative) immigration should be done legally
    Taxes (conservative though the top 2% need to pay their fair share)
    Defund the police (conservative) Police need more money and more high powered equipment
    BLM (conservatives) We have a great Justice system that works
    Should be term limits in Congress
    Gerrymandering should be banned
    Lobbyist should not be able to pay politicians.

See the problem with LOU is that the only two topic we have discussed are Global Warming and Trump. Two topics that we do not agree on. I can see his point that maybe I am attacking him because we have different opinions. Maybe if the conversation were changed to immigration, BLM, Defund the police, gun control he would see that I do indeed have conservative right wing views. Also, who on here is saying that we should have open borders, defund the police, saying BLM group is legit, or there should be Gun Control? Tell me LOU who it is and I will gladly have a debate with them.
    Last edited by xuphan; 05-13-2022 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    As to the drilling leases, there are over 9,000 unused leases. The oil companies aren't starting to drill on them because they are making so much money with what they've got. Do that, and then worry about Alaska.
    Oh good lord..do you really believe this to be true?

For decades the left has been absolutely demonizing big oil for excessive greed and profit hoarding. Now all of the sudden you're changing course and saying they're content because they are making money elsewhere. Seriously? These guys live to drill and make money...that's all they do. If there's money to be made and oil to be harvested, they are going to do it. The vast majority of those leases are complete shit and this Administration knows it, the oil companies know it, and anyone with an ounce of economic sense knows it. You honestly think those greedy fucks are going to pass on the opportunity to make more money? Be better..
    dayton will lose by 40 and we will loot tonight.
    -Pablo

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XU_Lou View Post
    You don't have a fucking clue what you're talking about. You obviously know very little about my politics.
    Your politics are whatever newsmax and red state tell you. It’s not rocket science.

And if it’s not… pick a policy and tell me how you differ. I bet the only way would be if your viewpoint is even more far to the right than them.

Quote Originally Posted by xuphan View Post
    “Almost exclusively focused on those on the right”

LetÂ’s go through what I have said on here

Global Warming is happening and their is evidence that it is occurring. (Liberal point of view)
    Donald Trump sucks (liberal point of view)
    Joe Biden suck (conservative point of view)

DonÂ’t believe in Gun Control (conservative) General Public donÂ’t need AK-47s.
    Abortion (Liberal) I am pro-life but itÂ’s not my decision or the governments decision on what others should do with their bodies.
    Immigration (conservative) immigration should be done legally
    Taxes (conservative though the top 2% need to pay their fair share)
    Defund the police (conservative) Police need more money and more high powered equipment
    BLM (conservatives) We have a great Justice system that works
    Should be term limits in Congress
    Gerrymandering should be banned
    Lobbyist should not be able to pay politicians.

See the problem with LOU is that the only two topic we have discussed are Global Warming and Trump. Two topics that we do not agree on. I can see his point that maybe I am attacking him because we have different opinions. Maybe if the conversation were changed to immigration, BLM, Defund the police, gun control he would see that I do indeed have conservative right wing views. Also, who on here is saying that we should have open borders, defund the police, saying BLM group is legit, or there should be Gun Control? Tell me LOU who it is and I will gladly have a debate with them.
    Can't help myself. You need a special Federal firearms license to own an AK47 legally. An AR15 is not an AK. Very different weapons..

Also, this fair share nonsense needs to stop. It's neo-Marxist class warfare. The top 20% of wage earners pay nearly all the Federal income taxes in this country.
    Last edited by Strange Brew; 05-13-2022 at 12:21 PM.
    Official XUHoops Resident Legal Scholar.
    (Do not take this seriously)

Sophomore
    Thanks for the correction Strange Brew. Still don’t think the general public needs an AR-15.