Page 1301 of 2119 FirstFirst ... 301801120112511291129913001301130213031311135114011801 ... LastLast
Results 13,001 to 13,010 of 21187

Thread: Politics Thread

This would be the perfect time for China to start some shit also. I certainly hope not. That would be disastrous on so many levels, but it would not shock me. Sincerely hope I am wrong.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
    This would be the perfect time for China to start some shit also. I certainly hope not. That would be disastrous on so many levels, but it would not shock me. Sincerely hope I am wrong.
    Already flying in Taiwan airspace..
    Official XUHoops Resident Legal Scholar.
    (Do not take this seriously)

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    There was a bipartisan effort to block the Nordstream 2 pipeline from Russia with sanctions against it as a preemptive move to stop an invasion of Ukraine.
    Do you seriously believe Putin gives a shit about sanctions? He's been planning this for years since Ukraine became a democratic sovereign nation. I find it disgusting a former president is cheering him on. There is absolutely nothing we could do about it except provide arms to Ukraine who are outnumbered 8 to 1, and have no air support. Do you seriously want American troops over there? What exactly was your wonderful plan to keep putin out of Ukraine? I'd love to give these bitches on Fox News an AK 47 and send them to the front.
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Do you seriously believe Putin gives a shit about sanctions? He's been planning this for years since Ukraine became a democratic sovereign nation. I find it disgusting a former president is cheering him on. There is absolutely nothing we could do about it except provide arms to Ukraine who are outnumbered 8 to 1, and have no air support. Do you seriously want American troops over there? What exactly was your wonderful plan to keep putin out of Ukraine? I'd love to give these bitches on Fox News an AK 47 and send them to the front.
    No, but he cares about the money the Nordstream 2 pipeline brings in and his ability to control a good portion of Europe's energy. He would also care a lot if we reopened energy production in the U.S. Maybe we do that after he spends real, human and political capital on this misadventure.
    Last edited by Strange Brew; 02-25-2022 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    What Putin gives a shit about, more than anything else, is money & leverage. Trump had the US energy independent and we were exporting LNG to Europe, which we still should be doing until Climate Fog Biden cut the country off at the knees, then begs others to increase production. Then he allows Nordstream to go forward and your Dems block any effort to stymie it. And Biden still won’t apply sanctions on Russian oil.
    Now Putin has leverage over energy to Europe and an oil war chest that he didn’t have vs Trump. He’s been playing Confused Old Man Joe for a fool all along and the price is now clear. Europe is now eating out of Putin’s grubby hands.
    Atta boy Brandon!
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

The United States became Europe’s largest source of LNG in 2021, accounting for 26% of all LNG imported by European Union member countries (EU-27) and the United Kingdom (UK), followed by Qatar with 24%, and Russia with 20%. In January 2022, the United States supplied more than half of all LNG imports into Europe for the month.
    https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=51358
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Thanks for the graph Paul. When did the red part of the graph start to appear and how do you think it will look after our production was stymied in 2021? Do you think it will increase or decrease? Again, thanks for the graph.

Thank God for Sabine Pass, which was expanded in recent years (and is finishing another expansion that was approved prior to 2021).

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Thank God for Sabine Pass, which was expanded in recent years (and is finishing another expansion that was approved prior to 2021).
    Shhhhh, before they shut it down 'cause Earth.
    Last edited by Strange Brew; 02-25-2022 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
    Thanks for the graph Paul. When did the red part of the graph start to appear and how do you think it will look after our production was stymied in 2021? Do you think it will increase or decrease? Again, thanks for the graph.
    You're welcome. The point was obviously that rather than LNG going down under the current administration in 2021, it went up.
    As to 2022, with the unsettled situation in Ukraine, I'm not sure anyone knows what will happen.
    If you read the article accompanying the graph, you would have found the following:

Exports of LNG from the United States to EU-27 and the UK increased from 3.4 billion cubic feet per day (Bcf/d) in November 2021 to 6.5 Bcf/d in January 2022—the most LNG shipped to Europe from the United States on a monthly basis to date, according to the U.S. Department of Energy’s LNG Monthly reports and our own estimates, which are based on LNG shipping data
    Off to a good start this year, but Europe is in turmoil. Again, you're welcome for the graph.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.