Page 1265 of 2117 FirstFirst ... 265765116512151255126312641265126612671275131513651765 ... LastLast
Results 12,641 to 12,650 of 21169

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    Would love to read that but it's behind the paywall and the NYT isn't worth the tiny about of bandwidth it took to click the link in the first place. Perhaps, you could enlighten us on what is discussed in the article?
    Official XUHoops Resident Legal Scholar.
    (Do not take this seriously)

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
    Would love to read that but it's behind the paywall and the NYT isn't worth the tiny about of bandwidth it took to click the link in the first place. Perhaps, you could enlighten us on what is discussed in the article?
    Here's a salient passage:

"Sometimes a falling unemployment rate is driven by a pernicious trend: People drop out of the labor force. The opposite was true in November. The survey of American households on which the data is based showed uniformly positive signs. The number of people working was up by 1.1 million while the number of adults not in the labor force — neither working nor looking for work — fell by 473,000."
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    Here's a salient passage:

"Sometimes a falling unemployment rate is driven by a pernicious trend: People drop out of the labor force. The opposite was true in November. The survey of American households on which the data is based showed uniformly positive signs. The number of people working was up by 1.1 million while the number of adults not in the labor force — neither working nor looking for work — fell by 473,000."
    Ok, thanks.

It'll mostly be revised upward as most months this year have been...sometimes by 100,000+

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ally-reported/
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    It'll mostly be revised upward as most months this year have been...sometimes by 100,000+

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ally-reported/
    No guarantee of that propaganda.

The unemployment rate under Trump was 3.5% February, 2020. Pre-Pandemic. Check it out below. Fact. 3.5 better than 4.2.
    And, ok. I’ll admit an error that I made in stating that it was due to less people in the workforce. That was based on an earlier story I read this morning.
    But Trump had a 3.5% rate with the same number of people in the workforce in February 2020 as now which has returned to prepandemic level.
    Trump > Biden

https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000000
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Fact is trump turned out to be the worst jobs president in history. So when it's goes down to 3.49 in a few months, will you be singing Biden's praises? That'll be the day.
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Fact is trump turned out to be the worst jobs president in history. So when it's goes down to 3.49 in a few months, will you be singing Biden's praises? That'll be the day.
    Only because of a once in a lifetime pandemic Bobbie. 3.5% unemployment in 2/20 and lowest minority unemployment in history. Fact.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

I have no doubt that Biden will have the lowest jobs unemployment in history because someone somewhere will change the definition of unemployment.
    Balls of Steele!!

Quote Originally Posted by MADXSTER View Post
    I have no doubt that Biden will have the lowest jobs unemployment in history because someone somewhere will change the definition of unemployment.
    Haha, wait till they tell you (again) that unemployment is good for you.

Pelosi and the Left are a broken record. For Dems, going back to Carter (Clinton was the last Centrist) unemployment is by design not a side effect.

https://pelosi.house.gov/news/press-...ment-insurance

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie in dayton View Post
    So when you take the steps I list above, you don't see the marked increase in all cause excess deaths in 2021 vs 2020 (and prior years) from weeks 32 though 43?
    MID - your point is caught by some in the media as well:

"Despite more than 99% of the elderly population being reported “vaccinated,” and 87% being reported as “fully vaccinated,” the elderly population in the United States have been dying at nearly the same rates as the pre-vaccine stage of the pandemic. In fact, the elderly population from ages 65 to 74 has been dying at a higher rate.

The finding has sweeping and profound ramifications for the evaluation of Covid response policies, such as the advocacy of universal vaccination regardless of risk or natural immunity. Since the elderly population is rapidly approaching more than 99% of the population being “fully vaccinated,” it is a critical determination of the utility of vaccines in the broader policy picture."

Does this data fit with what you saw?

https://beckernews.com/exclusive-its...ld-true-43385/