Page 1221 of 2085 FirstFirst ... 221721112111711211121912201221122212231231127113211721 ... LastLast
Results 12,201 to 12,210 of 20842

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    trump sez republicans shouldn't vote for republicans in '22 or '24. huh?
    Yeah, this is pretty much on brand. If they GOP leadership won’t back his bullshit claims that the election was stolen, then he’ll tell his supporters to not vote at all. If he can be in office, no one else in the Republican Party can either. He never cared about anyone in that party, or for their policies, or for their ideals. I hope that becomes obvious to people who didn’t realize that before now (although I’m not holding my breath). He’s a cancer. Simple as that.

It’s amazing how much this guy messes everything up for virtually everyone who has ever been associated with him, yet he himself continues to walk through life unscathed.
    Last edited by xubrew; 10-14-2021 at 07:13 PM.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Putting $ into infrastructure with roads, bridges, utility grids, etc. is not redistributing wealth.
    It's putting people to work (maybe they'll fix the Brent Spence).
    Think you basically made the case why the Progressive’s are trying to pass the two bills at once. Those who follow this thread knows the 3.5T spending bill I referenced is not for roads and bridges.

So when you tax people making over $400,000 and corporations to pay for others child care, pre K, and community college, you are essentially redistributing their wealth. This is basically how the administration and Democrats are selling the bill while avoiding the word redistribution.

If you raise taxes on all income earners to pay for the “human” infrastructure, you can make a better case it is not. Again, it’s an us vs them mentality…as always.

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post

It’s amazing how much this guy messes everything up for virtually everyone who has ever been associated with him, yet he himself continues to walk through life unscathed.
    Unscathed?? What's your definition of unscathed? The man was impeached....twice
    dayton will lose by 40 and we will loot tonight.
    -Pablo

Quote Originally Posted by Smails View Post
    Unscathed?? What's your definition of unscathed? The man was impeached....twice
    Yeah, and??? It did nothing to impede him. Countless of his associates have had their lives and careers impeded, but he hasn't. He is threatening to torpedo the entire GOP if they don't get in line with what he wants. I consider him being in a position to do that as an example of him being unscathed.

He's actually the betting favorite to win the 2024 election at my site.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    He's actually the betting favorite to win the 2024 election at my site.
    He probably will win the 2024 election. Everything is shaping up for that to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    He probably will win the 2024 election. Everything is shaping up for that to happen.
    Rooting for this on policy (I think DeSantis would win too) and also because his Inauguration/victory lap(s) would be equal parts epic and tasteless. :)
    Official XUHoops Resident Legal Scholar.
    (Do not take this seriously)

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
    Rooting for this on policy (I think DeSantis would win too) and also because his Inauguration/victory lap(s) would be equal parts epic and tasteless. :)
    In almost any other arena I would agree with you, but not in this one. If Trump were the president of the USSF, or of any other sports team for that matter, I think it'd be a fantastic show!! His discable-ness would be purely entertaining and of no real consequence.

I'm just having a hard time feeling good about, or laughing at, our political situation right now.

The Democrats are too stupid to realize the importance of actually delivering on what they promised to do and what they are supposed to do, and it will cost them so much of the support that they picked up in 2020 that it may be more than a decade before they get it back. They weren't smart enough to realize that Trump could win the first time, and they're stupid enough to not realize that not only can he win this next time, but that he almost assuredly will.

The Republicans are being held hostage by a narcissistic dipshit who is threatening to basically nuke the party of they don't submit to him. Republicans are so programmed to tow the party line, that they'll probably do it. Trump is being allowed to defy any and all checks and balances, which is one of the cores this nation is built on. That's a problem!! He is saying the election was stolen, when in reality the only person that tried to steal it was him. That's a problem!!

If anyone can emerge from this as an effective leader, they will get my vote. I don't care about parties. I really don't. I hate both of them to be honest, and basically blame both of them for the utter mess we are currently in. Perhaps a two-party system can be good for the nation, but it isn't being good for anything at the moment. In fact, I would argue that the two-party system is what is preventing us from not crashing into the mountain right now.
    Last edited by xubrew; 10-15-2021 at 02:35 PM.

Biden’s gonna reinstate Trump’s Mexican border policy.
    I can’t stop laughing at this clown. What a Cretin administration
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

For Paul who continually spews the lie that the 2017 Tax Reform Act unfairly benefitted the rich.
    And as Strange Brew has accurately stated: The US deficit is due to too much spending, not due to a lack of tax revenue.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/tax-the..._copyURL_share
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell