Page 12 of 2113 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422621125121012 ... LastLast

Thread: Politics Thread

I thought the 60 Minutes interview he did last night was encouraging.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamont Sanford View Post
    +1. Suck it libs.
    I think we're *all* going to be "sucking it" for the next four years.

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    This mentality is a little frightening to me, and I hope it isn't widespread. CNN isn't Huffington Post. You can make a good argument that they slant their news to the left, but they don't generally report outright falsehoods. It's looking like it's going to be VERY easy for Trump to continue to manipulate the roughly 27% of the population that voted for him. He already has his propaganda minister in Steve Bannon, now he just needs to continually reinforce that Breitbart should be their source for the 'real' news, and that all other media is 'biased' and 'wrong'.

The thing that does give me hope, is that you generally need much more than a quarter of the people in your camp in order to actually seize control of a democratic republic. The question becomes how many of the roughly half of Americans who didn't vote will buy his message. If it under-indexes relative to the people who actually did vote (as I suspect it does), he may have closer to 35%-40% of the people's support, which still isn't really enough to seize power ala Vladimir Putin in Russia. If you can manage to control the media it gets much easier, but I think that would be difficult to do on a large enough scale in America.

I figure probably 20% of the people will believe literally everything he says, with the remainder of the population falling at various other places on the spectrum.
    CNN was colluding with the DNC and you're going to say they may slant a little left? What a joke.

POTUS Trump will have to figure out his biz above board b/c the unhinged leftist media is foaming at the mouth to find something on him. It's humorous you find my utter contempt (deserved) for CNN to be frightening while your fellow Progs/Dems/domestic terrorists are throwing violent temper tantrums in the streets of major cities.
    Official XUHoops Resident Legal Scholar.
    (Do not take this seriously)

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
    CNN was colluding with the DNC and you're going to say they may slant a little left? What a joke.

POTUS Trump will have to figure out his biz above board b/c the unhinged leftist media is foaming at the mouth to find something on him. It's humorous you find my utter contempt (deserved) for CNN to be frightening while your fellow Progs/Dems/domestic terrorists are throwing violent temper tantrums in the streets of major cities.
    Just curious -- what outlets do you rely upon for your information?

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post

The Progs/Dems/Domestic terrorists aren't in charge of the federal government. Get some thicker skin or move under a rock.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post

I expect a period where illegals can come forward and voluntarily apply for citizenship.

If you don't, there should and hopefully will be swift consequences.
    The Republican Party would call this "amnesty."

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I thought the 60 Minutes interview he did last night was encouraging.
    I agree. It seems he has made a complete 180 in attitude and presentation, pretty much overnight.

Sophomore
    I just know I'm not sure what's worse, all the whiny anti Trump protesters who can't accept their candidate lost or all the whiny pro-Trump people complaining about them.

I think all these news people are corrupt. So, when I want to know what our new president thinks, I don't get the straight story from the news sites.
    I get the straight story, straight from the horse's mouth (as it were).

...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by kyxu View Post
    Just curious -- what outlets do you rely upon for your information?
    WaPo, NYT, WSJ, LA Times, Wash Times, Drudge and yes, Breitbart as well. When you read from a lot of sources it because very apparent how big of a joke CNN truly is.
    Official XUHoops Resident Legal Scholar.
    (Do not take this seriously)