Page 1145 of 2118 FirstFirst ... 145645104510951135114311441145114611471155119512451645 ... LastLast
Results 11,441 to 11,450 of 21177

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
    How did the Palestinians rank on that list?
    85% Muslim
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    Ha! Good one.
    I normally stay out of this politics stuff. I don’t watch Fox or CNN. This predates all the news coverage and threats. This largely begins with the Balfour declaration. My MIL grew up in Lebanon, though she got her PhD at Vanderbilt. She didn’t move to the states permanently until she married. Getting your news in the states is often very different from the facts.

My wife’s uncle was a VERY successful man with AT&T and our government. He was also Palestinian and grew up with his families homes being taken away. He was bitter until the end, as I would be. Before you criticize, imagine if that had happened to your family.

I don’t take sides, I think it’s just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    85% Muslim
    My wife’s uncle was Christian. It wasn’t about religion to him. They stole his families land.

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    I normally stay out of this politics stuff. I don’t watch Fox or CNN. This predates all the news coverage and threats. This largely begins with the Balfour declaration. My MIL grew up in Lebanon, though she got her PhD at Vanderbilt. She didn’t move to the states permanently until she married. Getting your news in the states is often very different from the facts.

My wife’s uncle was a VERY successful man with AT&T and our government. He was also Palestinian and grew up with his families homes being taken away. He was bitter until the end, as I would be. Before you criticize, imagine if that had happened to your family.

You can take a stroll back through this thread to a certain point a while ago and clearly see where I decided to stay out of this mess - this thread - as well, at least most of the time now.

My response was solely about MOR slamming bobbiemcgee between the eyes with his comeback, not about taking a policy position on one side versus the other.

This thread has mostly devolved into a majority of posts made by a few closed minded idiots, lobbing their contorted "thoughts" into what has become a mess of a thread. However, as they say, don't read it if you want to avoid it. Well, I happened to open it back up and read what I read and found the response to be funny.

As for my two cents on what is going on now in the Middle East: I side with Israel, while feeling sad for the good Palestinians who appear to be used by Hamas as shields for their terrorist activities. Unfortunately, it is a very complex region of the world where religious differences, hatred, and ulterior motives have layered themselves thickly into something that may never be fixable, though there are good people on both sides trying to do just that with the younger generations.
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    You can take a stroll back through this thread to a certain point a while ago and clearly see where I decided to stay out of this mess - this thread - as well, at least most of the time now.

My response was solely about MOR slamming bobbiemcgee between the eyes with his comeback, not about taking a policy position on one side versus the other.

This thread has mostly devolved into a majority of posts made by a few closed minded idiots, lobbing their contorted "thoughts" into what has become a mess of a thread. However, as they say, don't read it if you want to avoid it. Well, I happened to open it back up and read what I read and found the response to be funny.

As for my two cents on what is going on now in the Middle East: I side with Israel, while feeling sad for the good Palestinians who appear to be used by Hamas as shields for their terrorist activities. Unfortunately, it is a very complex region of the world where religious differences, hatred, and ulterior motives have layered themselves thickly into something that may never be fixable, though there are good people on both sides trying to do just that with the younger generations.
    Please don’t take that as a personal response. It’s just very complicated, even more so when you hear the news from people who actually live(d) there. Hamas actually builds schools and hospitals, as well as all the terrible things they do. The more I listened, the more I realized how little I really knew. Now, like you, I will fade back into the background on this thread.

Have a good week!

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post

It’s too bad his people were subjected to incredibly stupid leadership by their overlord Egyptian President Nasser and then actively chose terrorist leaders like the PLO and Hamas with the long-stated objective of destroying Israel.
    A little history is instructive.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    It’s too bad his people were subjected to incredibly stupid leadership by their overlord Egyptian President Nasser and then actively chose terrorist leaders like the PLO and Hamas with the long-stated objective of destroying Israel.
    A little history is instructive.
    If you want to talk about history, you have to look at what led to the history you cite. One thing leads to another, and the Balfour Declaration helped form the mess we currently have, though it has been a mess seemingly forever. Steal my homeland and I’d be pissed, too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balfour_Declaration

I don’t have a dog in this fight, but the truth is usually somewhere towards the middle. Everybody shares some fault. I’m not dragging this out further.

Last edited by xu82; 05-24-2021 at 11:48 AM.

Honestly, does anybody take this thread seriously? I just like poking the far right about the "big lie' and other ridiculousness like MTG, Gaetz, Hawley, Mc Connell , Mc Carthy and other idiots like Cage, Gohmert, Boebert, etc. etc. You have to admit these people are nuts. Maybe we should move the thread to "funny stuff".
    2023 Sweet 16

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Honestly, does anybody take this thread seriously? I just like poking the far right about the "big lie' and other ridiculousness like MTG, Gaetz, Hawley, Mc Connell , Mc Carthy and other idiots like Cage, Gohmert, Boebert, etc. etc. You have to admit these people are nuts. Maybe we should move the thread to "funny stuff".
    I think most of us already assumed that your comments were "funny stuff"! Half the time we can't tell if you're drunk, or if you have Tourette's syndrome!
    Last edited by XU_Lou; 05-24-2021 at 12:19 PM.

Keep up the delusion. Funny stuff. Always make sure to punctuate with some name calling and insults (trolling) to assure your losing the argument.
    Last edited by bobbiemcgee; 05-24-2021 at 12:45 PM.
    2023 Sweet 16