Page 1044 of 2114 FirstFirst ... 4454494499410341042104310441045104610541094114415442044 ... LastLast
Results 10,431 to 10,440 of 21140

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    Paul, were you advocating for negotiating with Iran?

https://dailycaller.com/2021/02/24/w...Uc94NeWNrE_e3E
    I would always advise trying to negotiate (from a position of strength) to prevent the spread of nuclear weapons.

I would not advocate as the MAGA crowd did to hang our own vice-president because he didn't obey an unlawful order from the president to not follow his constitutional duty to preside over electoral certification.

Iran doesn't have the corner on cruelty:
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/south-c...lectric-chair/
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    I would always advise trying to negotiate (from a position of strength) to prevent the spread of nuclear weapons.

I would not advocate as the MAGA crowd did to hang our own vice-president because he didn't obey an unlawful order from the president to not follow his constitutional duty to preside over electoral certification.

Paul -

How about the Hamilton (OH) mom who ran over over her 6 year old son with her car then proceeded to throw him into the Ohio River? I guess she could apply to be Biden's next director of Homeland Security. Or I'd say she could be target practice for the SC firing squad.
    "Xavier born and Xavier bred, and when I am gone I will be Xavier Dead!"
    NJ!NP! 8/30/12

Apparently the MAGA wackos and the Q'ers are supposed to be coming to the Capitol tomorrow for the swearing in of Trump as president on the old date of the inauguration.

Also to get targeted members of Congress.
    “Apparently”. As credibly verified by who?
    More fear mongering to keep that Capitol fence up.
    Uh, update. No one has come to the Capitol. And never were. Just more BS.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

You were a successful businessman. Negotiations between two parties can only be truly successful if both parties act in a moral and ethical manner. Otherwise, the unethical, immoral party will more often than not (being polite there) abuse the relationship over time.

I understand that global diplomacy may call for "defensive treaties" from time to time with bad players, but the Iranian regime would prefer to see us DEAD. They wouldn't understand GOOD FAITH if it bit them in the ass. You don't negotiate with a nation that is actively conducting terrorist operations. You don't negotiate with people like that from a position of strength. You strangle their economy through sanctions until they are forced to behave (hard to do with others helping to prop them up, but that causes stress for those players, too).

Lastly, and I hope to be out of here again for a while, I'm sure the abused, murdered, hung woman appreciates your concern over what a group of people allegedly said while otherwise not acting on what they said. Seriously, you deflect too much.
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Wow. Fox news will have to adjust their non-stop coverage of Dr. Seuss.
    Overkill by Fox? Probably. If offended by some, just throw a damn parental advisory label on the books and move on. Seem to work well with albums back in day lol. Or we can just go full throttle Fahrenheit 451 and skip the Overton window way.

It is becoming interesting tho. First removal of statues and Washington/Lincoln school names and now the words “Mr/Mrs” potato head and Dr Seuss (yes I realize these were corporate decisions as well). What’s next? We already know white heterosexual males are the worst!

Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    Overkill by Fox? Probably. If offended by some, just throw a damn parental advisory label on the books and move on. Seem to work well with albums back in day lol. Or we can just go full throttle Fahrenheit 451 and skip the Overton window way.

It is becoming interesting tho. First removal of statues and Washington/Lincoln school names and now the words “Mr/Mrs” potato head and Dr Seuss (yes I realize these were corporate decisions as well). What’s next? We already know white heterosexual males are the worst!
    More Huxley in my opinion. Especially with the dissolution of male/female relationships and sexuality.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamont Sanford View Post
    Paul -

How about the Hamilton (OH) mom who ran over over her 6 year old son with her car then proceeded to throw him into the Ohio River? I guess she could apply to be Biden's next director of Homeland Security. Or I'd say she could be target practice for the SC firing squad.
    I would be all for dragging them behind a car until they were dead. But then again that is probably the reason why we do not have a system where I get to decide the punishment.

I am against the death penalty because it is too expensive and our success rate of executing the actual perpetrator of the crime is less than 100%.
    Last edited by STL_XUfan; 03-04-2021 at 10:38 AM.
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

Great example, Paul..spot on.
    dayton will lose by 40 and we will loot tonight.
    -Pablo

Quote Originally Posted by Smails View Post
    Great example, Paul..spot on.
    This is why I ignore Paul. Moral relativism is not an effective argument.

Besides, that's just a norm of SC culture right? Xiden would agree if it were China.

Disclaimer: I realize my argument employed moral relativism. Purpose is to show it is a childish form of argument. SC and Iran are wrong. Paul's point is moot again.

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
    More Huxley in my opinion. Especially with the dissolution of male/female relationships and sexuality.
    Perhaps. Side note: every time I see Huxley’s name I automatically think of Jim Morrison and the Doors. Of course for good reason.