Page 1032 of 2085 FirstFirst ... 3253293298210221030103110321033103410421082113215322032 ... LastLast
Results 10,311 to 10,320 of 20842

Thread: Politics Thread

Can America move on from the sitting president claiming 2 months after the election that it was a fraud and stolen, and encouraging his supporters to fight like hell to overturn the results?
    Your great-grandchildren will be reading about our Capital being taken over for the second time since 1812, on Jan 6, 2021.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

I guess it depends on who wins the war with Eastasia and gets to write the history books.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I guess it depends on who wins the war with Eastasia and gets to write the history books.
    Good point.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by xuwillie View Post
    Yes I would argue Kamala said much worse. It’s just time to move on from all of this. Can liberals do that?
    I'm fine with moving on from it, but I do think that we move from it with a universal shared understanding that this shit was bad, was potentially almost really bad, and needs to not happen again. Trump and his team set an extremely dangerous precedent with respect to how a one should handle an election loss. We are fortunate that his 'legal team' were a bunch of completely inept morons.

Shit, people can't even condemn Trump without bringing up some comments that Kamala Harris made. I don't equate what random Senators or VP candidates say, with what a sitting President says if she (God forbid) becomes President, I'll worry about about it. I don't like her comments on a variety of things, but I don't see how any of it is exculpatory with respect to Trump.

I absolutely understand why Republicans want to move on from this, but we are barely a month out from the Capitol being stormed by a bunch of lunatics who just minutes earlier had heard from the sitting President at a rally that he was (for some reason) having right up the street from the Capitol building. It takes more than a month for that kind of shit to go away. And it should.
    Eat Donuts!

Yes I would argue Kamala said much worse. It’s just time to move on from all of this. Can liberals do that?
    That’s easy. No.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    I'm fine with moving on from it, but I do think that we move from it with a universal shared understanding that this shit was bad, was potentially almost really bad, and needs to not happen again. Trump and his team set an extremely dangerous precedent with respect to how a one should handle an election loss. We are fortunate that his 'legal team' were a bunch of completely inept morons.

Shit, people can't even condemn Trump without bringing up some comments that Kamala Harris made. I don't equate what random Senators or VP candidates say, with what a sitting President says if she (God forbid) becomes President, I'll worry about about it. I don't like her comments on a variety of things, but I don't see how any of it is exculpatory with respect to Trump.

I absolutely understand why Republicans want to move on from this, but we are barely a month out from the Capitol being stormed by a bunch of lunatics who just minutes earlier had heard from the sitting President at a rally that he was (for some reason) having right up the street from the Capitol building. It takes more than a month for that kind of shit to go away. And it should.
    But this is the problem I see right now, the hypocrisy that continues. Now its ok that all the hate that was thrown out the last 2 years by far left liberal politicians is ok because they weren't the sitting president? I again go back to none of its good and both sides need to be called out for it. How about impeachment of Trump if we can get rid of the 5 or 6 liberals that where calling to fight like hell. Id be good with that

But this is the problem I see right now, the hypocrisy that continues. Now its ok that all the hate that was thrown out the last 2 years by far left liberal politicians is ok because they weren't the sitting president? I again go back to none of its good and both sides need to be called out for it. How about impeachment of Trump if we can get rid of the 5 or 6 liberals that where calling to fight like hell. Id be good with that
    Well, you have your wonderful pack of of liars in Hawley, Graham and Cruz to steer the party. Looks like Haley has come to her senses.
    2023 Sweet 16

To understand the Left you must understand the Jack Nicholson quote on women from As Good As it Gets.

When I write about a woman I, “think of a man and take away all reason and accountability”.

Sure. Absolutely. I'll give you Pelosi, too.

I continue to think it's a completely ridiculous false equivalency though, as I at least, have a different standard of conduct for the President than I do for members of Congress.
    Eat Donuts!

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    Sure. Absolutely. I'll give you Pelosi, too.

I continue to think it's a completely ridiculous false equivalency though, as I at least, have a different standard of conduct for the President than I do for members of Congress.
    Why? I don't.....i do expect 90% of them to be complete buffoons and egotistical a holes though.