Page 977 of 2102 FirstFirst ... 4778779279679759769779789799871027107714771977 ... LastLast
Results 9,761 to 9,770 of 21011

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MADXSTER View Post
    My mom lives in Florida and has said that everyone that she knows has gotten their first shot. She gets her second on February 5th. She said that Florida has been doing a very good job of getting the vaccine out to the people.
    yep, DeSantis has opened up the vax tourism. No Fl. ID required.
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    You're mad people are getting vaccinated?
    Last edited by 94GRAD; 01-17-2021 at 05:38 PM.
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Supporting Member
    Damn that Florida government actually being able to run a state appropriately and get vaccine into people’s bodies... what horrible people. People should run states like cuomo who doesn’t have a fucking clue what’s going on instead.

Have to give credit where credit is due. Florida is doing a great job compared to other states (WV also). Now, if we could just get our hands on the stockpile the HHS secretary has been promising.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Damn that Florida government actually being able to run a state appropriately and get vaccine into people’s bodies... what horrible people. People should run states like cuomo who doesn’t have a fucking clue what’s going on instead.
    Hey, shut your pie hole and get on a plane.
    2023 Sweet 16

Supporting Member
    Hey, shut your pie hole and get on a plane.
    Um.. good one?

Actually I am the first week of March, can’t wait. Gonna share some antibodies down in Florida.

Supporting Member
    I think it is too early to know if Florida’s first come first serve policy with people camping out for vaccine is better than other states, especially when it comes to getting those people the second shot. I just wish this entire roll out had been better planned on all levels. That being said I am all for getting shots in arms as fast as humanly possible.
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

So 2 doses per person, we need 660 million doses? Or I guess only 500 million if we go at 70%. How many do we have now?
    2023 Sweet 16

Um.. good one?

Actually I am the first week of March, can’t wait. Gonna share some antibodies down in Florida.
    Just get the penicillin shot when you get back lol.
    2023 Sweet 16

So 2 doses per person, we need 660 million doses? Or I guess only 500 million if we go at 70%. How many do we have now?
    30 million were distributed and we have not given half of that yet. Florida’s approach is probably a bit aggressive as they will have many people not completing the series in a timely manner. But they may see their numbers go down quicker in the short term. New York and California seem to be giving it out to high risk and doing it well. Ohio seems to be slow but should catch up in the next 3 weeks on a per capita comparison. Supply will likely fall short of demand for awhile unfortunately. Some places have even discussed giving half doses to more people. The studies showed similar efficacy with a half dose.

Here is the CDC website that shows distribution of vaccine.