Page 1477 of 2085 FirstFirst ... 477977137714271467147514761477147814791487152715771977 ... LastLast
Results 14,761 to 14,770 of 20842

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Florida reacts:

Meanwhile on Martha's Vineyard:

I wonder if DeSantis knows the Massachusetts' governor is a Republican.
    MA Gov should impound the planes.
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    This is what you said:

And all you Leftist here stop with the "whataboutism".

It is PARAMOUNT to ANY DEBATE.

Whataboutism is not what you described above and politics 101 is just putting a bunch of ad hominem arguments together...basically exactly what you are doing---the person being democrats
    Ok, no problem, you squirrelly dude. If you refuse to acknowledge that your political opposition's history is not relevant in a debate, you are simply ignorant.....most rational people, IF they're paying attention, would consider a past political stance.

That said, the current, Far Left Progressive ideology is spiking the political punch bowl. The rational population of Dem voters are being "Hoodwinked".

The OLDER common Sense Dem voters can not grasp where their traditional Party is being taking. What is happening NOW, is full blown Obama "Fundamentally Transform America".

Can it not be more clear?
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Florida reacts:

Meanwhile on Martha's Vineyard:

I wonder if DeSantis knows the Massachusetts' governor is a Republican.
    Baker and Hogan barely register as Republicans in DeSantis's warped fantasy world.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Ok, no problem, you squirrelly dude. If you refuse to acknowledge that your political opposition's history is not relevant in a debate, you are simply ignorant.....most rational people, IF they're paying attention, would consider a past political stance.

That said, the current, Far Left Progressive ideology is spiking the political punch bowl. The rational population of Dem voters are being "Hoodwinked".

The OLDER common Sense Dem voters can not grasp where their traditional Party is being taking. What is happening NOW, is full blown Obama "Fundamentally Transform America".

Can it not be more clear?
    Sure and you can say the same thing about trump and republicans. Trump has fucked the party up. Our entire political system is effed up right now, on both sides of the lane.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Sure and you can say the same thing about trump and republicans. Trump has fucked the party up. Our entire political system is effed up right now, on both sides of the lane.
    I'll will raise a Glass to that!

Trump, MUST step aside, and rally his supporters behind a candidate that can continue his America First policies...........or this progressive weed strain will simply flourish and destroy our Country.

I would guess most from Venezuela and Cuba are seeking political asylum.
    Ha! Joke’s on them then..:)
    Official XUHoops Resident Legal Scholar.
    (Do not take this seriously)

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    Baker and Hogan barely register as Republicans in DeSantis's warped fantasy world.
    I’d vote for Hogan over just about anyone these days but DeSantis’s view is no fantasy. I don’t think moderate Republicans stand a shot unless the Dems trot out their worst, then maybe they have a slight chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Caf View Post
    I’d vote for Hogan over just about anyone these days but DeSantis’s view is no fantasy. I don’t think moderate Republicans stand a shot unless the Dems trot out their worst, then maybe they have a slight chance.
    "Trot out their worst?". Dare you to post your Dem 1st team for '24.

We need entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    "Trot out their worst?". Dare you to post your Dem 1st team for '24.

We need entertainment.
    I think it is well established that you are blind to the Democratic spectrum of moderate to progressive, but by worst I mean most progressive.

I do not know the hot names or if anyone would realistically consider trying to challenge Biden but people aligned with Biden, Klobuchar, Manchin, or Buttigieg would likely get an independent bump versus a DeSantis. The worst being AOC, Sanders and Warren. A moderate like Hogan could beat them by double digits.

I am personally conflicted on both sides. I am tired of establishment candidates. I would rather see more populist policies. We have a few issues where the status quo just sucks and we need to pick a path. An election with populists from each side would likely help with that. That said the existing populists tend to be more than a bit nuts and ignore basic reality like deficits or the constitution. Thus is the dilemma as someone without a party in America today.

Not sure what you're trying to say by listing those names. Manchin has always been perceived as moderate, but it appears West Virginians may go R for his seat next time. I don't see him backing any 2024 Presidential Candidate moving the needle at all. However, with the direction the Biden Administration is clearly taking us, and it will get worse, there should be a real chance that a vast amount of Dem voters will have had enough. If some young, charismatic Candidate emerges, campaigning center left, in the '24 Primaries it could get interesting.

Here's the thing though. I firmly believe the Democratic establishment has moved on from the Clintons and now is deeply influenced by Obama and his "Fundamentally Transform America" agenda. Unless a very high percentage of Dem Primary voters make it known they've had enough, your nominee will be an Obama backed Progressive.