Page 126 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126
Results 1,251 to 1,257 of 1257

Thread: Politics Thread

Trump Becoming Disillusioned with the Presidency?

Article title is a bit much, but some interesting quotes from Trump. I think we all knew this would happen. The question now is, where do we go from here? We are like 100 days in to a 4 year term, if he is getting wistful for his pre-Presidency life already he has a long road ahead. This should still be the honeymoon phase, before the grind really sets in. He has already been spending a ton of time at Mar-a-lago, so I'm not really sure it's possible for him to devote less time/energy to the Presidency than he already has.

Does he just resign at some point before the end of his term?
    Last edited by boozehound; Yesterday at 09:14 AM.
    Eat Donuts!

I don't think anyone is prepared to be president until they've actually been president for a while. If he thought it actually WAS easy after 100 days I'd be more concerned about that. I'm not sure that him being at Mar-a-lago means he's not devoting time/energy to the Presidency. In 2017 it doesn't really matter where the President is physically. He can work from anywhere.

I kind of like Patton Oswalt's take on the whole thing.

http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/nll/?p=31214

Actually, the website where this link if from is actually pretty entertaining as well, if you enjoy people talking about grammar mistakes on the news and in print, and making up secret languages with your wife.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    Of all the things to harp on they choose this? I mean it is looking like the Flynn thing is seriously bad, his tax plan is a joke, and the Pubs are going for round 2 on Obamacare. They should be keeping their focus.
    Are you talking about Bloomberg? If so, they have some pretty serious and wide ranging reporting, I don't think they're "harping" on this.

No mention of Trump's speech in front of the NRA today? I heard firearms were not allowed. It's like maybe having guns at the event might make it less safe.

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    No mention of Trump's speech in front of the NRA today? I heard firearms were not allowed. It's like maybe having guns at the event might make it less safe.
    Fake news https://twitter.com/bob_owens/status/858110113600679936

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    So, the secret service was even quoted as saying there would be a no-guns perimeter within the President's speech.