Page 990 of 2104 FirstFirst ... 49089094098098898999099199210001040109014901990 ... LastLast
Results 9,891 to 9,900 of 21039

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    I'm not obsessed with the Liberal Media and their 'unfair' coverage of Republicans (note: I'm not saying it doesn't happen, just that I don't care).
    This might surprise you, I too could care less if the coverage is unfair to Republicans. 15 years ago it bothered me, but it’s not going to change.

The major problem I have the press is they try push their own narrative and/or agenda. And that goes for the Foxer’s as well. Their two jobs are very simple, find the news and report the news. Don’t tell me what to think about the news. If they do that and it hurts either party, so be it. So I would say check I’m obsessed with the that part of the news. Local, news is about the only news source I watch on a consistent basis.

Nice of Antifa/BLM to call for Denver to be part of their day of destruction.

Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    This might surprise you, I too could care less if the coverage is unfair to Republicans. 15 years ago it bothered me, but it’s not going to change.

The major problem I have the press is they try push their own narrative and/or agenda. And that goes for the Foxer’s as well. Their two jobs are very simple, find the news and report the news. Don’t tell me what to think about the news. If they do that and it hurts either party, so be it. So I would say check I’m obsessed with the that part of the news. Local, news is about the only news source I watch on a consistent basis.
    I don't really know the extent to which I think that the news is pushing a narrative or agenda - I think you are giving them too much credit. They are just marketing to their base, and they no longer care about accuracy or integrity because nobody really holds them accountable for it. It's a business, and sensationalism sells a lot better than facts do. On both sides, of course.

I blame the 24hr news cycle, mostly. The news used to be limited programming focused on (generally) reporting what happened. When cable exploded and 24hr cable news became 'a thing' they first started airing House of Representatives sessions on C-span all day. Nobody wanted to watch those. Then they found their secret sauce: Op Ed television programming. Now you can watch Van Jones crying about whatever the injustice of the day is. If that's not your flavor flip on over to Hannity and he'll get you so fired up about his outrage du jour that you'll probably need to pop and extra beta blocker or two.
    Eat Donuts!

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    Watching some of this inauguration - Joe Biden is pretty boring.
    Putting the media and the whole country to sleep...so they can get their Socialsist and China/Iran- Friendly agenda passed.
    Enjoy the Nap!!!
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Fox used to have, and still does have, some good straight news reporting. Shepard Smith was good.
    Unfortunately Booze you are correct about the opinion side playing to an audience.
    I just saw where Fox cut back straight news to give an hour more to opinion. Wish they hadn't done that.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    GOOD!!! I want four really boring years. I want it to where people aren't even sure who the president is.
    You'd better hope Joe Manchin stands strong against Court Packing and trashing the Filibuster, or it's gonna get real....REAL fast!

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Fox used to have, and still does have, some good straight news reporting. Shepard Smith was good.
    Unfortunately Booze you are correct about the opinion side playing to an audience.
    I just saw where Fox cut back straight news to give an hour more to opinion. Wish they hadn't done that.
    Jake Tapper is basically a softer voice Crazy Kieth Olberman.
    What a one way hack.
    But CNN "Performs" the news well. Great job of ruining your network's ratings Jeff Zucker!!!
    Last edited by Masterofreality; 01-20-2021 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
    Huh, BLM rushed the White House and the media made fun of Trump for hiding in his bunker. Grab a tissue and some clean underwear.
    Truth. Hmmmmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    He got his twitter machine back!
    Just had a very open and successful presidential election. Now professional protesters, incited by the media, are protesting. Very unfair!
    — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 11, 2016
    Sounds like a lot of schoolyard bullies from grade school. Wonder if he knows freedom of assembly is in the 1st amendment?
    This was my first post in this thread, in Nov 2016. He was mad (I think) at the Women's March in DC.
    Not a lot changed for him in 4 years. And he's lost his Twitter account, after getting it back then.
    25,000 lies later....

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Jake Tapper is basically a softer voice Crazy Kieth Olberman.
    What a one way hack.
    But CNN "Performs" the news well. Great job of ruining your network's ratings Jeff Zucker!!!
    I don't think this Tapper guy is on Fox...but I'll check.