Page 986 of 2085 FirstFirst ... 4868869369769849859869879889961036108614861986 ... LastLast
Results 9,851 to 9,860 of 20842

Thread: Politics Thread

Welp. The Media fear mongering brought us to where we are. And none of the cataclysmic events that were supposed to happen under Trump, did- save for leftist idiots rioting in the street over criminals and rightists idiots entering the Capitol. And you can blame most of that on an awful Media that stoked those fears in people who were determined to be the “Resistance”.
    Yup. There are troops in the streets of Washington DC!!! Uh, but not because of the published fear that Trump was gonna cause a coup and not leave. He left, quietly today. Gone. No drama. But the troops are in the streets because Biden and his media minions stoked fear that the whole city was gonna blow up. (Hint: it isn’t) Too bad those flags can’t cheer on the National Mall. Biden will be the most sanitized and kid glove treated President ever. No tough questions will be posed or answered. Tightly controlled press conferences will be held. And only nice little photo ops with pets will be arranged. Hey!! It’s almost like it’s an arranged narrative dictatorship! How Fun!!
    There must be a deep hole in Paul’s life this morning because his one trick pony narrative on here has disappeared. He has lost his driving force in life.
    My thoughts are with him at this difficult time.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    This is probably true.

I've said this before, and people think I'm crazy, but with the way the younger generation views our country, we may have seen our last Republican President.
    Meh...anecdotal but just from what I have seen and experienced, younger people typically lean left thru adolescence and college, then once they enter the workforce, views start to change for a good number of folks. I will say that it would benefit republicans immensely with younger voters if they start to ease up on some social issues, but it is a delicate balance because then you may lose a lot of rural and evangelicals

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Welp. The Media fear mongering brought us to where we are. And none of the cataclysmic events that were supposed to happen under Trump, did- save for leftist idiots rioting in the street over criminals and rightists idiots entering the Capitol.
    Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

Welp. The Media fear mongering brought us to where we are. And none of the cataclysmic events that were supposed to happen under Trump, did- save for leftist idiots rioting in the street over criminals and rightists idiots entering the Capitol. And you can blame most of that on an awful Media that stoked those fears in people who were determined to be the “Resistance”.
    Yup. There are troops in the streets of Washington DC!!!
    1/6 was certainly a "cataclysmic" event under trump. 5 dead. Pro-trumpers wanted to kill Nancy and hang Mike Pence. Trashed the People's House and you blame the media? Is Fox News media? Newsy? OAN? They were all pushing the attendance for the 1/6 massacre. They got what they wanted.
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Meh...anecdotal but just from what I have seen and experienced, younger people typically lean left thru adolescence and college, then once they enter the workforce, views start to change for a good number of folks. I will say that it would benefit republicans immensely with younger voters if they start to ease up on some social issues, but it is a delicate balance because then you may lose a lot of rural and evangelicals
    The old joke:

If you're not a liberal when you're young, you don't have a heart.

If you're not a conservative when you get older, you don't have a brain.

Quote Originally Posted by STL_XUfan View Post
    Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?
    It was a good play from what I understand. I mean...give the actors some credit! They did a good job! How unfortunate that history has overlooked that!
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
    TPM again. No thanks Paul.
    Let me help you out then. They actually found potential problems and removed some of them.
    It's on Fox...is that OK?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/nat...f-inauguration
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    One last tradition to break. Will he leave a note in the presidential desk for Biden?
    Note was left.

There must be a deep hole in Paul’s life this morning because his one trick pony narrative on here has disappeared. He has lost his driving force in life.
    My thoughts are with him at this difficult time.
    Don't worry at all. While I actually liked a few of Trump's policies (like getting strong on China's intellectual property thefts), I was certainly against some like the tariffs (made American consumers pay for them and would never tell the truth about them).
    He grifted hundreds of millions into his hotels and golf courses from our tax dollars, and personally got another $200 million+ from the gullible after the election which I'm sure he'll use to pay off some loans.

But I understand he did leave Biden a note...so congrats to him on his last day in office acting presidential.
    He also had an ethics policy to drain the swamp that I liked, which he signed in his first month in office.
    It kept people from revolving into and out of government to lobby positions, among other things.

Unfortunately, in one of his last official acts he decided to rescind the policy. I guess to help his buddies who will be leaving government.
    Maybe he decided to re-fill the swamp.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

All-Conference
    Watching some of this inauguration - Joe Biden is pretty boring.