Page 1668 of 2118 FirstFirst ... 668116815681618165816661667166816691670167817181768 ... LastLast
Results 16,671 to 16,680 of 21173

Thread: Politics Thread

I admit that the military doesn't seem to know about the earlier balloons and had to be informed by the intelligence agencies.
    That seems very strange and the general doesn't seem happy about it.

As to Dems blocking Trumps bogus infrastructure...the Republicans held the House and Senate for 2 years under Trump.
    Shame on them if they couldn't deliver and it took Biden to negotiate a real infrastructure package.
    He just talk about it to secure middle America votes, and it worked once. Not the second time.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post

As to Dems blocking Trumps bogus infrastructure...the Republicans held the House and Senate for 2 years under Trump.
    Shame on them if they couldn't deliver and it took Biden to negotiate a real infrastructure package.
    He just talk about it to secure middle America votes, and it worked once. Not the second time.
    Bogus infrastructure package huh?
    The Dems blocked it by throwing climate change renewable energy and other BS in the negotiation that Trump wouldn’t and shouldn’t hone along with. Pelosi & Schumer tried every trick in the book to throw roadblocks (not a pun) in front of it. They just couldn’t give that guy a win.
    Republicans, in the interest of the country did grant Biden a tick mark, although there was still too much waste in that bill, compounded later by Joe Manchin being lied to and passing that “Inflation Reduction Act” that has reduced no inflation.
    Great work team!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infras...f_Donald_Trump
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

As to Biden, given the difficulties he faces with members of the opposition, I think he has done a very credible job in the last 2 years.
    Surely you jest. He's a blithering idiot and historically known as one of the dumbest people to ever serve this country. Not to mention a pathological liar and cheater.

Don't get me started on "Dr" Jill either. Tramp. She was his former babysitter.
    "Xavier born and Xavier bred, and when I am gone I will be Xavier Dead!"
    NJ!NP! 8/30/12

When you have control of both houses and the presidency, you should get your priorities passed...see Obama and the ACA, or Biden with the many legislative accomplishments in the first two years.
    How many "Infrastructure Weeks" never, ever materialized.
    Trump couldn't get McConnell and Ryan on board.

And now that there is a bill, all the Republicans who voted against it, ran back to their districts to tout its benefits.

https://www.yahoo.com/video/trumps-m...172500668.html

Seriously is spending trillions of someone else’s money really considered an accomplishment? Of course both sides wanted an infrastructure bill because they wanted spend on those they deem fit. You know, those special interest folks.

Like these guys.

Berlin New Hampshire (population 10,000) getting 20 million for heated sidewalks

Penobscot Bay area (population 600) getting a 28 million for a new electric ferry.

I will give Joe credit for finally cutting off the covid spigot and getting folks back to work. Creating actual new jobs, not so much.

IMO, When a bill is presented and that bill is over a certain $ amount or %, or effects a certain % of citizens, then that bill should be stripped of all its minutia and voted on by its own merits.
    Balls of Steele!!

Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Eggs, you are right about all the special interest nonsense.
    As to infrastructure (roads, bridges, electrical grids, etc.) they are absolutely necessary for an economy to grow.
    And they are paid with by everyone's tax dollars, in one fashion or another.

And they are paid with by deficit spending with money we don’t have, in one fashion or another.
    Fixed it for you.
    (Hence ridiculous inflation)
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Fixed it for you.
    (Hence ridiculous inflation)
    Well, if we'd just have left the tax rates alone from 2000, instead of cutting them twice and going into 2 unfunded wars, there wouldn't be such a deficit problem. The top brackets were doing fine, as were the corporations.