Page 1182 of 2085 FirstFirst ... 182682108211321172118011811182118311841192123212821682 ... LastLast
Results 11,811 to 11,820 of 20842

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
    How much is the “Foundation” worth?

Also, we’re the Clintons wealthy before Bill became Gov? Frankly, don’t care but I’m hoping you come up with something new or policy related when discussing Trump or any Republican.

How do you think the current President is doing? What policies do you like? Many of us would love to discuss that without whataboutisms from you and Paul.
    I'll take this as a serious set of questions, although you don't want to discuss the last president who continues to stir unrest and hatred in our country, but want to know about a president from the last century.

The Clinton Foundation has assets of around 313 million in their last report. Unlike a hotel or golf course, to the best of my knowledge Bill, Hillary and Chelsea do not draw any money from the foundation. On a personal note I have a nephew who trained pediatricians in Rwanda under a grant from the Clinton Foundation/Harvard University.

According to multiple sources, the Clintons were worth $1.2 million when he took office, perhaps the lowest of any recent president.

I think Biden is doing a credible job under the circumstances. I like his approach to getting all of America vaccinated so we can get back to work in a normal fashion.
    I'm in favor of investing in infrastructure that is long overdue for our nation, and revamping some of the tax code.
    He's got major challenges with the opposition (apparently) deciding to block anything from the Democrats as they did under Obama for position rather than legislative efforts to help the country.
    And I like the calmness that he brings to the office after 4 years of histrionics that did not serve us well.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    I'll take this as a serious set of questions, although you don't want to discuss the last president who continues to stir unrest and hatred in our country, but want to know about a president from the last century.

The Clinton Foundation has assets of around 313 million in their last report. Unlike a hotel or golf course, to the best of my knowledge Bill, Hillary and Chelsea do not draw any money from the foundation. On a personal note I have a nephew who trained pediatricians in Rwanda under a grant from the Clinton Foundation/Harvard University.

According to multiple sources, the Clintons were worth $1.2 million when he took office, perhaps the lowest of any recent president.

I think Biden is doing a credible job under the circumstances. I like his approach to getting all of America vaccinated so we can get back to work in a normal fashion.
    I'm in favor of investing in infrastructure that is long overdue for our nation, and revamping some of the tax code.
    He's got major challenges with the opposition (apparently) deciding to block anything from the Democrats as they did under Obama for position rather than legislative efforts to help the country.
    And I like the calmness that he brings to the office after 4 years of histrionics that did not serve us well.
    I really don’t want to discuss past Presidents. Bobbie brought up something specific about POTUS’ since Truman and I responded.

I don’t care that Trump is wealthy from real estate and golf courses. If that bothers you that’s odd but I don’t care.

I don’t mind the push for vaccines but his hyperbolic approach and calling TX and others Neanderthals counters your histrionics comment. TX was right btw.
    Infrastructure. Sure, let’s do CRA again. However much of what is being presented is not infrastructure.
    I’m for tax reform too. I’d like a fair or flat tax to replace the current system.
    The opposition. This isn’t new. Biden is being pulled hard Left and it’s hard to find common ground. I’d bring Trump’s opposition into this since you brought up Obama but that’s a circular pissing match.

Concerns about current policy:
    Energy. What is wrong with an all of the above strategy?
    Economics. Inflation will cause problems.
    Jan 6th. The protestors who vandalized the Capitol, trespassed and assaulted officers should face trial. However, why no bail and the poor treatment. We can argue all day about what’s real when it comes to their treatment however this is out of the ordinary. Please don’t start about how bad Jan 6th was. It’s not the Civil War, 911 or whatever nonsense the POTUS says about it. Frankly I give him a pass because I don’t believe he’s aware of what he’s saying.

It doesn't bother me that Trump owns golf courses and hotels. He's owned a lot of stuff over the years.
    It bothers me that he used them with our tax dollars to enrich himself...something of a first for a president.

As to "no bail" for the Jan 6th people arrested, here are the stats as of yesterday:

My stats as of this morning on the status of Jan. 6 defendants:
    - 66 in custody (a few are new arrests waiting for a detention hearing)
    - 478* allowed to go home, with varying conditions
    - 5 unknown (dockets aren't updated yet)
    *This number includes people whose cases already resolved via plea deals and whose cases aren't pending anymore (Chris Kelly had charges dismissed + Joseph Barnes, who died), but reflects overall how many people have been allowed to go home compared to the total # arrested

It doesn't bother me that Trump owns golf courses and hotels. He's owned a lot of stuff over the years.
    It bothers me that he used them with our tax dollars to enrich himself...something of a first for a president.

As to "no bail" for the Jan 6th people arrested, here are the stats as of yesterday:

Source?

When we’re these numbers released? Many were hell’s without bail fo months. If it means this morning. I’d like to know how long people were held before deals.
    Last edited by Strange Brew; 07-27-2021 at 10:49 AM.

I think Biden is doing a credible job under the circumstances. I like his approach to getting all of America vaccinated so we can get back to work in a normal fashion. .
    Care to explain what his 'approach' to getting all of America vaccinated is? Is it rooted in policy, or are you referring to incoherent pleas being made at scripted town halls?

Classic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faTYayPm39k
    Last edited by Smails; 07-27-2021 at 10:59 AM.
    dayton will lose by 40 and we will loot tonight.
    -Pablo

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
    Source?

When we’re these numbers released? Many were hell’s without bail fo months. If it means this morning. I’d like to know how long people were held before deals.
    This legal reporter who has been following all the cases. I'm guessing they didn't just release 478 yesterday. Those that were held with no bail are done so under federal guidelines by the judges. Those that can be released, often with tracking devices, are.

https://twitter.com/ZoeTillman/statu...70639762362374

Quote Originally Posted by Smails View Post
    Care to explain what his 'approach' to getting all of America vaccinated is? Is it rooted in policy, or are you referring to incoherent pleas being made at scripted town halls?
    As best I can tell he's making an effort to let the experts in the areas of infectious diseases and vaccines led the way, with the best information they have.
    I prefer that approach, supporting it when he can by words and actions, than trying to project he is somehow more knowledgeable than the experts.

Testimony today didn't sound like the "tourists" were "hugging and kissing" the cops. Keep 'em in jail.
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by Smails View Post

Classic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faTYayPm39k
    Drumpf matches him gaffe for gaffe. My favorite "In 1775 they took over the AIRPORTS" lol...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MyLwAokINc
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Testimony today didn't sound like the "tourists" were "hugging and kissing" the cops. Keep 'em in jail.
    Does the defense get to cross?

No, Nancy, who was in charge of the Cap police at the time purge anyone who would question the narrative.