Page 1138 of 2085 FirstFirst ... 138638103810881128113611371138113911401148118812381638 ... LastLast
Results 11,371 to 11,380 of 20841

Thread: Politics Thread

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    Lenders, if the inflation is unanticipated.
    No, I'm sorry, that's not the answer. I'll give you a hint: Its the people that have the lowest wages or are living on government assistance.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie in dayton View Post
    No, I'm sorry, that's not the answer. I'll give you a hint: Its the people that have the lowest wages or are living on government assistance.
    You are clueless.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
    Dominion has more to worry about right now in AZ.
    Not really:

https://deadline.com/2021/04/newsmax...mp-1234747955/
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Did you read the article? Dominion wasn’t the Plaintiff.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    You are clueless.
    Ohhhhh, you got me man. Great rebuttal. Wow, I have no defense to that. You win.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

Or the Palestinians can learn to live peacefully like the Irish have with their British “oppressors”.
    This article is long but explains perfectly why Palestinians do not want peace, and why other Arab countries will not take them in as citizens.
    Very informative. #FollowTheMoney

Paying the Palestinians not to make peace https://lorenzomwarby.medium.com/paying-the-palestinians-not-to-make-peace-baff34fcb893
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie in dayton View Post
    Ohhhhh, you got me man. Great rebuttal. Wow, I have no defense to that. You win.
    I made my stupid post because it was about as responsive as your post (#11371) stating that my answer is wrong, and what the right answer is. This isn't a game show. If you want to actually start a discussion about the effects of inflation, you have to actually make an argument rather than simply saying "I'm right and you're wrong".
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Did you read the article? Dominion wasn’t the Plaintiff.
    Newsmax settled with the employee regarding their lies about him and what they said he was doing. They had to completely retract all of their reporting about him.

I believe Smartmatic also sued everyone involved. I believe they were only part of a few counties so I would imagine people settle with them next. The first part of getting by summary judgement which should not be too hard considering what was actually said about them.

Other sources are out there. Read them if you can handle multiple viewpoints. Frankly, don’t know if anything will come of the audit but it’s interesting the Left is out in front, trashing the findings/process/anything before anyone knows the results.

You’re right. Should’ve written libel but slander as a word sounds more insidious.
    From what it sounds like to me, the folks behind the audit have a very clear political stance, and most of the evidence is more than a little flimsy. Nobody has any proof anything was done improperly, the just feel like something is wrong. Multiple credible viewpoints is one thing, but there are a lot of viewpoints out there.

I was fine with the investigations to a point. The fact that nobody had yet produced any shred of actionable evidence (even in States with Republican-led legislatures) that has brought an allegation of significant voter fraud to trial suggests to me that there is almost certainly nothing there. You keep repeating that you are 'waiting on the results of the Arizona investigation' as your justification for your latest refusal to accept the election results, but what would that really prove? Unless they have smoking-gun evidence it would just be another Partisan group undertaking an investigation in which they clearly have a position and stake in the outcome. It seems to me that you are willing to almost summarily reject information that conflicts with your POV, while applying a much different standard of proof to information that confirms your bias. Fortunately we also have a legal standard of proof in this Country, and it hasn't yet been met in any of these allegations. Arizona or otherwise.
    Eat Donuts!

Thoughts on this?

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/whi...-july-n1267535

My initial reaction was negative - I don't love the idea of monthly stipends for people having kids. The flip side is that most of the money is a re-purposing of an existing tax credit - just payed monthly instead of annually (although the credit was increased vs prior years). I do think that it's probably better for the families (and likely all of us) that they get the tax credit in smaller increments monthly vs. as a lump sum annually. Families that are truly struggling can likely (hopefully) use the money more on a monthly basis to support food and child care, vs getting $6K at the end of the year.

I anticipate challenges for some families in which the tax credit was offsetting other tax under-witholding. Those families will get the money throughout the year and then get a surprise bill come tax season next year.
    Eat Donuts!