Page 396 of 2103 FirstFirst ... 2963463863943953963973984064464968961396 ... LastLast
Results 3,951 to 3,960 of 21026

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    yes, trump may lose new york and california
    Ha! Exactly. How many COUNTIES did he win in NY in 2016? Something like all but five of them.

Just what we need: more stupid FLD's running around in the urban centers of those states. The real question is how much stupidity can they bring to Florida and Texas.
    X A V I E R

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    What he hasn’t made clear is if he means emergency care only, or total healthcare. Big difference between those two positions!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    we already provide them with emergency care

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    What he hasn’t made clear is if he means emergency care only, or total healthcare. Big difference between those two positions!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Emergency care already takes place. If someone calls an ambulance for a true emergency, they aren't going to NOT treat them. If someone can come to the emergency room with a cold and not get turned away...

It seems obvious this is not what he is talking about, unless he is a complete idiot....

Never mind.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

we already provide them with emergency care
    True, but Biden will never make it clear, because simply saying he wants to give them free, full healthcare, which US citizens don’t have, would not go over well outside the coasts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

pretending to be concerned about scaremongering from any leftist is rich. leftists have told us 1. the economy would crash beyond salvaging if trump was elected 2. trump is hitler 3. ending net neutrality would lead to deaths 4. ending obamacare would lead to mass death 5. leaving the paris climate accords would lead to deaths 6. every conservative in this country is a white supremacist, nazi, deplorable 7. trump colluded with the russians 8. russian facebook memes stole the election 9. the world will end in 12 years due to global warming 10. police officers are indiscriminately gunning down unarmed black men all over the country

scaremongering is all the democrats know how to do.

let me know when you call rachel maddow, nancy pelosi, barack obama, hillary clinton, and chuck shumer and tell them to cut it out
    The two most effective ways to engage large groups of people are to 1) scare them, and 2) make them mad.

I for one am concerned about 'scaremongering.' Both sides do it. Both sides have scared people and made people mad. The more this goes on, the more people there will be who will want to hurt other people.

This isn't political differences so much as it is a political feud. People are now scared of the other side, and mad at the other side, and that's COMPLETELY crushing any likelihood of reason playing any sort of a role. I think it has been that way for a while, but it is worse now than it's been in my lifetime. Throw in the fact that politicians are more than willing to use fear and anger as tools for their own personal selfish gain, and that's making things even more of a mess.
    Last edited by xubrew; 05-10-2019 at 07:38 AM.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

I think DJT's informal unpredictable approach is a disaster in a lot of what he does especially domestically. However, it is perfect for the trade war. It may crater markets but it's a price worth paying IMO.

yes, trump may lose new york and california
    The greatest threat we face is the the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact. If you live in Ohio, you should be aware OH HB 70 is current in committee. I'd urge you to contact your representatives and preemptively voice opposition if you believe in Federalism. If NPVIC passes the threshold*, NY and CA will usurp the voice of the midwest and south. That's not hyperbole. We should all be very afraid of the democrats' scheme to destroy state rights and the equal representation of a diverse federal citizenry through the dictatorship of a popular vote. I for one am not from NY or CA, I don't live in NY or CA, and the people of NY and CA do not represent my values and beliefs. I have no desire to be beholden to them.

*In my view, NPVIC is almost certainly unconstitutional. But there will be a hell of a political and legal battle over that if it comes to it.
    Mom and Papa told me "Son, you gotta go to school; only way to make the fam'ly proud."
    I paid no attention, left my books at home, rather play my music real loud.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Caf View Post
    It may crater markets but it's a price worth paying IMO.
    Why is it worth it? I am genuinely asking and interested in your reasoning?
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

pretending to be concerned about scaremongering from any leftist is rich. leftists have told us 1. the economy would crash beyond salvaging if trump was elected 2. trump is hitler 3. ending net neutrality would lead to deaths 4. ending obamacare would lead to mass death 5. leaving the paris climate accords would lead to deaths 6. every conservative in this country is a white supremacist, nazi, deplorable 7. trump colluded with the russians 8. russian facebook memes stole the election 9. the world will end in 12 years due to global warming 10. police officers are indiscriminately gunning down unarmed black men all over the country

scaremongering is all the democrats know how to do.

let me know when you call rachel maddow, nancy pelosi, barack obama, hillary clinton, and chuck shumer and tell them to cut it out
    Amen brother.
    "Xavier born and Xavier bred, and when I am gone I will be Xavier Dead!"
    NJ!NP! 8/30/12

Amazing how the Leftist Dems in the House are way more concerned with perpetuating a non-crime, and the alleged "obstruction" of that non-crime by throwing up red herrings and smoke by wanting to hold countless "hearings" and "conferences" to further a disproven Conspiracy Theory. Rather, how about actually addressing legislation that may help solve the current Immigration Crisis- which it really is despite Jim Acosta's carefully placed visit to a remote Texas border location where no one tries to cross- and health care and infrastructure issues. How about just stopping the Trump Derangement Syndrome and maybe do something you were elected to do?

This next election is gonna be fun. A bunch of 2 year Reps that got elected that will be running for re-election on a platform of nothing done but preaching hatred of the current administration and boolsheet. Can't wait to see that empty sheet of accomplishments. That's definitely a plan to govern, Dems. Keep shooting yourselves in the ass.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell