Page 463 of 2103 FirstFirst ... 3634134534614624634644654735135639631463 ... LastLast
Results 4,621 to 4,630 of 21024

Thread: Politics Thread

I find a lot of what Donald Trump does, and a lot of what people do to enable him, to be unacceptable.

The problem is that I find the Democratic Party to be both really unlikable and really stupid. The combination of being stupid and unlikable is why we have someone who does unacceptable things in power, and why that person will likely remain in power

I mean, in a nutshell, that's how I'd sum up our current political situation.

Am I alone on that??
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    I find a lot of what Donald Trump does, and a lot of what people do to enable him, to be unacceptable.

The problem is that I find the Democratic Party to be both really unlikable and really stupid. The combination of being stupid and unlikable is why we have someone who does unacceptable things in power, and why that person will likely remain in power

I mean, in a nutshell, that's how I'd sum up our current political situation.

Am I alone on that??
    Nope! While I did vote for Trump, and will likely vote for him again, I do wish he’d stop with the incessant tweets and name calling. At the same time, he’s been attacked by the Left and the media since he won the election, so I get his reactions.

It would be better if he stuck to talking about his policies without the thin skinned overreaction to every negative comment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    Nope! While I did vote for Trump, and will likely vote for him again, I do wish he’d stop with the incessant tweets and name calling. At the same time, he’s been attacked by the Left and the media since he won the election, so I get his reactions.

It would be better if he stuck to talking about his policies without the thin skinned overreaction to every negative comment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He wouldn't have gotten elected if he stuck to talking policy and didn't enrage the Left/Media.

Quote Originally Posted by Caf View Post
    He wouldn't have gotten elected if he stuck to talking policy and didn't enrage the Left/Media.
    Probably accurate.

The enraged left and the elite left who basically acted like the people who weren't elite weren't really worth their time, is what got him elected.

And the STUPID left has yet to figure that out!!

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    We're done here. You refuse to answer and so by implication, suggest that there is nothing that Trump could do that would warrant impeachment and removal. This, no doubt, is the position of most Senate Republicans as well.....very sad.
    Well isn't that the Pot(ter Stewart) calling the kettle black.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by chico View Post
    Well isn't that the Pot(ter Stewart) calling the kettle black.
    Explain, please.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

[QUOTE=xubrew;655152]

….. is what got him elected.

The electoral college got him elected which he had previously called a "disaster for democracy".

/QUOTE]
    2023 Sweet 16

Yes, the electoral college is how we determine who wins our Presidential elections.

Oh Jesus....

How can seemingly the entire Democratic Party lose an election to DONALD TRUMP, and not even feel compelled to look in the mirror or do any sort of self assessment as to what it is that might be wrong with them??

Not all that long ago, the blue collar working class identified with the Democratic Party. They don't anymore. Trump's rallies are full of people who are part of a demographic that used to be with the Democrats. They're not anymore.

I REALLY wish the Democrats would seriously sit down and think about why that is. Until they do, they won't beat him in the next election, much less have him removed from office.
    Last edited by xubrew; 11-06-2019 at 01:59 PM.

This is REALLY stupid. It's Alabama, though, so I guess that is redundant.

https://www.al.com/news/2019/11/alab...mpression=true