Page 332 of 2103 FirstFirst ... 2322823223303313323333343423824328321332 ... LastLast
Results 3,311 to 3,320 of 21024

Thread: Politics Thread

Probably right, but the Democtats overplayed their hand. At least Feinstein did. They thought this would get them to the mid terms. It's looking like it's going to be an epic fail, complete with cringe worthy lunatic protests through the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Caf View Post
    We're basically at the point where the Democratic Party stands for not being Donald Trump. Don't get me wrong, that's a pretty solid place to be right now, but they don't add anything except that. What does the democratic party stand for? Medicare for all? ACA? Decreased defense? Breaking up financial institutions? I genuinely have no clue and I'm an independent in a blue district - not great. Trump could be bad enough to drive people to the polls, but having an agenda that can move the country forward might be better. Just a thought.
    I don't think it will be enough, but what do I know. I just read an article stating that a lot of Democrats (about 100) running for House seats are pledging campaign finance reform if elected. I doubt it will actually happen, but I would love to see money in politics almost completely eliminated.

If I'm the Democrats I would probably built a platform around the following:

1. Medicare for All
    2. Demonize big business and paint Republicans / Trump as complicit and talk about supporting small business, not large corporations
    3. Campaign Finance Reform - Get the money out of politics

Interestingly enough the last two are versions of Trump's platform (Speaking out against Wall Street and "Drain the Swamp"). If they just focus on trying demonizing Trump and his associates I'm not sure that will work
    Eat Donuts!

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    NOBODY with a brain is guessing about her personal estate being imbued by George Soros.
    I agree. Nobody with a brain is guessing about that. Or even thinking about it at all, for that matter.
    Eat Donuts!

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    I agree. Nobody with a brain is guessing about that. Or even thinking about it at all, for that matter.
    Ha! Nice try.

So, who is funding all of your batshit crazy protestors? Plenty of people are thinking about both.
    X A V I E R

Junior
    What am I missing here? He was accused of something. It was investigated and he's going to end up on the court. What's the grave injustice here?
    25-50% of the American voting public will always think he's a sexual abuser. His daughters will probably get plenty of snide comments about it for the next couple of decades. I can't imagine what type of stress this has probably put on his wife. If he's as innocent as he claims to be, I would describe that as an injustice.
    zip em up

“I talked about my long record of advancing and promoting women, including as a judge—a majority of my 48 law clerks have been women—and as a longtime coach of girls’ basketball teams.”

He will never be confused for a feminist that’s for sure! I prefer female paralegals too, Brett! (wink)

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    Ha! Nice try.

So, who is funding all of your batshit crazy protestors? Plenty of people are thinking about both.
    Plenty of people, sure. People with brains? Not so sure.

First of all, they aren't 'my' protesters. I don't support any of that shit. I'm not a liberal, I'm just an educated person capable of objective thought. I used to lean far more to the Republican belief system when it was about fiscal conservatism and personal freedom and responsibility, before it became the party of Trump and Hannity

Why do protests have to be 'funded'? Did the Koch brothers fund Charlottesville? Even if protests were somehow 'funded' in some way by Soros (a fact for which there is no concrete evidence that I am aware of) that would be a political activist funding organizations that enable people to (theoretically) peacefully protest. That's a pretty big jump from that, to paying someone to give false testimony about a potential Supreme Court Justice. How can you actually think she would get away with getting paid to give false testimony without it being exposed by someone?

What I do hate, are conspiracy theories. I think they are the hallmark of ignorance, and very dangerous to our society. I'm an equal opportunity hater of conspiracy theories. I don't like the crazy left wing conspiracy theories about the government funding 911 and more than the crazy right wing conspiracies about George Soros somehow funding everything that conservatives hate.
    Eat Donuts!

Quote Originally Posted by BandAid View Post
    25-50% of the American voting public will always think he's a sexual abuser. His daughters will probably get plenty of snide comments about it for the next couple of decades. I can't imagine what type of stress this has probably put on his wife. If he's as innocent as he claims to be, I would describe that as an injustice.
    I would say it sucks, but this idea that he's been greatly wronged because he had to stand up to accusations is ridiculous. He was accused of serious matters and found to be innocent. If he's in fact innocent then that's the system working.

Supporting Member
    I would say it sucks, but this idea that he's been greatly wronged because he had to stand up to accusations is ridiculous. He was accused of serious matters and found to be innocent. If he's in fact innocent then that's the system working.
    You really believe that what has tanspired over the past few weeks is the "system working?" I bet if you were falsely accused of sexual assault, you'd think it was a bit bigger than just "sucks"