Page 346 of 2114 FirstFirst ... 2462963363443453463473483563964468461346 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,460 of 21131

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bigdiggins View Post
    Were those the 55 times he and Garland voted the same or the 3 times they disagreed? Really interesting that he sided with corporations to ban abortions. I didn't even know corporations could get pregnant.
    Where did I type how much I loved Garland? If he and Kavanaugh were and are so close why not allow Garland to go through?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yikes. I read somewhere that Kavanaugh and Ford's fathers play golf together at Burning Tree.
    That could be sticky.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Yikes. I read somewhere that Kavanaugh and Ford's fathers play golf together at Burning Tree.
    That could be sticky.
    I doubt it since there was NO, zero, as in zilch, support for Ford from even her own parents. They probably know that she is looney, and wanted nothing to do with the circus.
    Usually the first people that come to an accusers defense are her own parents. Not so here.

Kavanaugh is and will be on the Supreme Court for a long long time making rulings that are Constitutionally based. Deal with it.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    I doubt it since there was NO, zero, as in zilch, support for Ford from even her own parents. They probably know that she is looney, and wanted nothing to do with the circus.
    Usually the first people that come to an accusers defense are her own parents. Not so here.
    Reached by phone on Tuesday, Ford’s father, Ralph Blasey Jr., offered a brief endorsement of his daughter. “I think all of the Blasey family would support her. I think her record stands for itself. Her schooling, her jobs and so on,” he said before hanging up. Moments later, after picking up the phone a second time, he added: “I think any father would have love for his daughter.”
    For the Blaseys, it is all intertwined. Ford’s parents raised their children in the same affluent Maryland suburbs as the Kavanaugh family. Her father belongs to the same exclusive all-male golf club as Kavanaugh’s father.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.7ad89b02829d

Wow, that's pretty lukewarm support from a parent.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Wow, that's pretty lukewarm support from a parent.
    I agree. It's very lukewarm.
    I'm trying to imagine the scene on the first tee.
    Hey, my daughter says your son molested her in high school."
    Tense.

I was just pointing out there was something...as opposed to zilch.

Sophomore
    Goes both ways. Assuming Kavanaugh's dad believes in his son's innocence he probably doesn't think too highly of Ford either

Trump, Calling Mattis a Democrat, Opens the Door to His Departure

This would be ill advised to me. Mattis is by far the most widely respected member of the cabinet.

Elizabeth Warren "likely had a Native American ancestor from six to 10 generations ago."

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Elizabeth Warren "likely had a Native American ancestor from six to 10 generations ago."
    So Elizabeth Warren is *possibly* 1/1024 (0.09%) Native American.

Scientists say the average European-American is 0.18% Native American. (https://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/25/s...ity-study.html …)

That'd make Warren even less Native American than the average European-American.
    I like how it's not even for sure that she has that ancestor. Her stories about her parents secretly marrying seem a little foolish now.