Page 1100 of 2085 FirstFirst ... 100600100010501090109810991100110111021110115012001600 ... LastLast
Results 10,991 to 11,000 of 20842

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    What in the literal F*#K???
    dayton will lose by 40 and we will loot tonight.
    -Pablo

Did anybody watch that video?

I thought that cop was pretty quick on the draw. I'm also a little surprised that he shot the girl 4 times while she was attacking the other girl, introducing a lot of risk that he might accidentally strike the person whom he was (presumably) trying to defend, or another innocent bystander. I can't imagine that is consistent with police training. I'll grant that it was a chaotic situation, but I was still surprised at how quickly he opened fire.

I think that Jenn Psaki should not be commenting on it (I don't really care what Lebron does) but I'm not surprised people are upset.
    Eat Donuts!

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    Did anybody watch that video?

I thought that cop was pretty quick on the draw. I'm also a little surprised that he shot the girl 4 times while she was attacking the other girl, introducing a lot of risk that he might accidentally strike the person whom he was (presumably) trying to defend, or another innocent bystander. I can't imagine that is consistent with police training. I'll grant that it was a chaotic situation, but I was still surprised at how quickly he opened fire.

I think that Jenn Psaki should not be commenting on it (I don't really care what Lebron does) but I'm not surprised people are upset.
    If the cop hadn't been quick on the draw, girl in pink is seriously injured or dead. Jamele Hill has now jumped into it as well. Didn't she used to cover sports or something. She is, quite literally, the worst. I think even Lebron believes Jemele takes things a bit too far.

https://twitter.com/jemelehill/statu...665493515?s=20

If the cop hadn't been quick on the draw, girl in pink is seriously injured or dead. Jamele Hill has now jumped into it as well. Didn't she used to cover sports or something. She is, quite literally, the worst. I think even Lebron believes Jemele takes things a bit too far.

She’s probably Pro Choice....

I'm not sure it is a given that she would have seriously injured or dead (that probably depends on what kind of knife she had, how serious she was, and whether she knew how to use it). I don't know that it's all that easy to kill someone with a knife.

But I do get your point that, attacking someone with a knife while police officers are there does seem like something that would get you shot.

I didn't care what Jamele Hill had to say when she was a sports analyst, and I damn sure don't care now. I'm glad I'm not really on twitter.
    Eat Donuts!

I'm not sure it is a given that she would have seriously injured or dead (that probably depends on what kind of knife she had, how serious she was, and whether she knew how to use it). I don't know that it's all that easy to kill someone with a knife.

But I do get your point that, attacking someone with a knife while police officers are there does seem like something that would get you shot.

I didn't care what Jamele Hill had to say when she was a sports analyst, and I damn sure don't care now. I'm glad I'm not really on twitter.
    No win situation for the officer. If you don’t shoot to kill you have a potentially murdered kid and another still holding a weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
    No win situation for the officer. If you don’t shoot to kill you have a potentially murdered kid and another still holding a weapon.
    Exactly. If he's not quick on the draw then there is a real possibility that we have a stabbing victim (possibly dead) and a perp with a deadly weapon in front of a cop with a gun drawn. What other choice did that officer have? And please don't go the taser route. A knife is a deadly weapon by law and you don't neutralize someone with a deadly weapon with the use of non-lethal force..especially in close proximity. Thank goodness he's a good shot.
    -Pablo

I'm not sure it is a given that she would have seriously injured or dead
    I'm not either, but that's irrelevant to the officer's actions. They 100% cannot take the chance that someone attacking another person with a deadly weapon might 'miss'.
    -Pablo

As i always say....don't bring a knife to a gun fight. Results are always predictable.
    2023 Sweet 16

Supporting Member
    Just so much fucking stupid in this world right now it’s amazing. I guess next time just let the girl stab the shit out of her and kill her. Fuck it....no cop ever show up for a person that is black. Problem solved.