Page 1098 of 2103 FirstFirst ... 98598998104810881096109710981099110011081148119815982098 ... LastLast
Results 10,971 to 10,980 of 21027

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
    Pelosi’s comments. Wow, somebody get net.
    Yeah...her saying he was sacrificing his life was a bit rich.

Sophomore
    State Department plans 'Do Not Travel' advisories for 80% of countries due to COVID

"The U.S. Department of State announced it will be issuing 'Level 4: Do Not Travel' advisories for 80% of countries in the coming weeks. Level 4 is generally reserved for war-torn countries or those that would be considered hostile to U.S. citizens such as Afghanistan and North Korea"

So let me get this straight, Mr. Biden, we can't go to other countries because we could possibly contract Covid from a foreigner on their soil, but; you're allowing thousands and thousands of illegals who knowingly have Covid to come over the southern border, who are then allowed to infiltrate the entire country? Tell me how in God's name does that make any sense, Mr. Biden?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...countries.html

Supporting Member
    In the last week, we've seen 3 more leftist media lies exposed:
    - The Russian bounty - Fake
    - Officer Sidenick killed by MAGA idiots - Fake
    - CNN producer caught on hidden camera discussing how they actively tried to exaggerate the pandemic.
    For good measure, don't forget WaPo getting caught a month ago making up the story about Trump's threatening the GA Secretary of State.

Makes you wonder, what else are they lying to you about. It appears the real conspiracy theory is that the media is legitimate.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

I’m not a lawyer, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, but I have a question about the jury’s verdict in the Chauvin case. They found him guilty of two different degrees of murder and one of manslaughter. You can only kill someone once. It seems to me that the defendant should only be guilty of one level of murder. If the jury says he’s guilty of the most severe level, shouldn’t that trump the lesser degree, rendering it moot?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

I'm glad that Chauvin got convicted, because I think he was guilty. I wish that politicians would shut up about it though. Particularly the President and Vice President. The judicial system did it's work, but I don't think we should necessarily be taking a victory lap. It only continues to contribute to the politicization of our Judicial system, which I think is a very, very bad thing.
    Eat Donuts!

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    I'm glad that Chauvin got convicted, because I think he was guilty. I wish that politicians would shut up about it though. Particularly the President and Vice President. The judicial system did it's work, but I don't think we should necessarily be taking a victory lap. It only continues to contribute to the politicization of our Judicial system, which I think is a very, very bad thing.
    Completely agree on all counts. I'd add that sports associations don't need to make stupid bland statements as well. I also have an issue that it now seems that any time a cop kills someone, it is going to be the cops fault no matter what and they are going to be drug thru the mud with rioting and protesting every time. Each situation should be handled individually in the court of public opinion, and I fear that may have gone by the wayside.

Well, we've got the Ma'Khia Bryant shooting in Columbus to wade through now. She was about to stab the shit out of some other black girl when she got shot by police. So which black life matters there?

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Well, we've got the Ma'Khia Bryant shooting in Columbus to wade through now. She was about to stab the shit out of some other black girl when she got shot by police. So which black life matters there?
    Just saw that video, nothing really the cop could have done differently there. It's not like she was 20 feet from anyone just swinging a knife wildly and they shot her. Has there been uproar about her shooting? I saw it reported today but nothing about any outrage.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Just saw that video, nothing really the cop could have done differently there. It's not like she was 20 feet from anyone just swinging a knife wildly and they shot her. Has there been uproar about her shooting? I saw it reported today but nothing about any outrage.
    There's certainly some outrage on the tweeter. But there's always outrage on the tweeter over everything.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    There's certainly some outrage on the tweeter. But there's always outrage on the tweeter over everything.
    True.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17