Page 1341 of 2085 FirstFirst ... 341841124112911331133913401341134213431351139114411841 ... LastLast
Results 13,401 to 13,410 of 20842

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Thanks for the clarification about your position.
    I'm not completely up on the science, but a few things are troubling.
    When we make abortion a black and white issue, from the moment of conception, that doesn't work for me.
    Why? About 2 % of embryos become ectopic pregnancies outside the uterus. They will never be viable.
    Most are miscarried, but some need to have medical intervention for the health of the mother; either medicine or surgery.
    If you are absolute about conception, and it's "murder" to help that mother remove that embryo to protect her health, then I disagree with that.

Perhaps you are OK with abortion up to the point the embryo becomes a fetus in the eighth week.
    If I've misunderstood, my apologies.
    An embryo is a developing unique human. The losses of life you mention are natural, tragic processes. Intentionally killing a viable human is murder Paul.

However, ectopic pregnancies are another issue as the human becomes a threat to the life of another human. Which is unbelievably tragic but I think most States would allow the procedure in that circumstance.

I don't think the issue is about those situations however.
    Official XUHoops Resident Legal Scholar.
    (Do not take this seriously)

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
    An embryo is a developing unique human. The losses of life you mention are natural, tragic processes. Intentionally killing a viable human is murder Paul.

However, ectopic pregnancies are another issue as the human becomes a threat to the life of another human. Which is unbelievably tragic but I think most States would allow the procedure in that circumstance.

I don't think the issue is about those situations however.
    I believe some states will be making the ectopic situation against the law.
    An embryo (while certainly unique) is not a "viable" entity. At a certain point a fetus is.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Sophomore
    Then why are you here?

Well, the fetus (a stage of human development like adolescence) is a human being with unique DNA separate from the parents. Abortion kills that unique human. Which is murder. Would like to revisit murder laws Paul?
    “Abortion kills that unique human”. I think ending Abortion would be a great start to ending other societal issues as well that plague this country. How is society going to protect this “unique human”outside the womb? I assume we want to get the best out of each and every unique human so how is that going to be done? How does the US address sexual abuse, physical abuse, health care, broken homes, mental health, poverty, school truancy, homelessness, drugs, etc? What is the plan to get the most out of these “unique humans” without them having to rely on government assistance? We seem to be able to ship millions to other parts of the world but not spend money here to fix our issues at home. What is the plan to care for these “unique humans”?
    Last edited by xuphan; 05-16-2022 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    I don’t think I ever referenced the Church. Some misdirection here, huh.
    But babies are babies. Abortion is killing a life. Period.

By the way. Nice of you to skip over my post about Replacement theory where you tried to spout utter Bullshit based upon your trash media narratives.
    I didn't skip over it. What is there to discuss? From what I understand, the troubled 18 year old that killed the people was targeting black people because he had become radicalized to believe in a replacement theory...most often pushed (and cleverly) by even main stream Republicans now.
    No sense in discussing it when people have become blinded to things.

Is a 3 week old embryo that has lodged in the Fallopian tube and is threatening the life of the mother, a "baby"? And if a doctor helps that mother to protect her health/life by aborting the pregnancy....has he "killed?"
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

I didn't skip over it. What is there to discuss? From what I understand, the troubled 18 year old that killed the people was targeting black people because he had become radicalized to believe in a replacement theory...most often pushed (and cleverly) by even main stream Republicans now.

Is a 3 week old embryo that has lodged in the Fallopian tube and is threatening the life of the mother, a "baby"? And if a doctor helps that mother to protect her health/life by aborting the pregnancy....has he "killed?"
    You understand wrong because you didn’t take the time to analyze the manifesto or understand what the Replacement Theory really is. On top of that, the kid was mentally disturbed, not “radicalized” by Tucker Carlson. Plus you refuse to acknowledge how the conspiracy of Replacement Theory has been coopted by your Pravda friends to slander those critical of the border mess. Basically Paul, you are now the QAnon (which is a myth) that you *think* rightists are by believing in conspiracies.

And, yes, a 3 week old is a baby. If the life of the Mother is threatened, truly, then yes, it is still killing….but in Self Defense, which is justifiable.
    No less sorrowful, though. And the baby deserves a funeral and resting place.

Back to Strange Brew’s point above. Interesting that when referring to a cluster of cells that are active, say on another planet, “Science” enthusiastically declares “There is LIFE on that planet”. However, when that cluster of active cells happens to be in a womb, “Science” cannot bring it self to call it life, but rationalize.
    The typical hypocritical status of the left. The same kind of hypocrisy that will charge a double murder to a perpetrator who shoots and kills a pregnant woman. But they can’t call it murder when the woman kills her healthy in womb baby.
    Capiche’?
    Last edited by Masterofreality; 05-16-2022 at 06:21 PM.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by xuphan View Post
    “Abortion kills that unique human”. I think ending Abortion would be a great start to ending other societal issues as well that plague this country. How is society going to protect this “unique human”outside the womb? I assume we want to get the best out of each and every unique human so how is that going to be done? How does the US address sexual abuse, physical abuse, health care, broken homes, mental health, poverty, school truancy, homelessness, drugs, etc? What is the plan to get the most out of these “unique humans” without them having to rely on government assistance? We seem to be able to ship millions to other parts of the world but not spend money here to fix our issues at home. What is the plan to care for these “unique humans”?
    Those issues are not unique to low income individuals.

Adoption is also an option.

Sophomore
    So when blacks and Democrats discuss gentrification, should we assume that they are also "cleverly" fomenting hate and violence?

Sophomore
    Those issues are not unique to low income individuals.

Adoption is also an option.
    Adoption has been around and hasn’t done much for the current population. Don’t see how it’s going to much for the “unique humans”. Foster homes are already overcrowded so not much help their either. Not seeing a solution here. Thanks for responding though and answering the question.

See, Paul wants to paint Conservatives and Republicans as purveyors of “Great Replacement Theory” because the Pravda press he follows use that tack to divert the argument that Conservatives use against illegal immigration. GRT is a Conspiracy Theory that has been co-opted by left leaning journos who influence Paul and defend Biden’s mess of a policy.
    Here is what is reality and not a conspiracy;

There were 234,088 migrants encountered at the Southern border in April, per a DHS court filing today. That’s the highest number in DHS history.
    117,989 migrants were released into the U.S. in April. (Are THESE PEOPLE part of a “Replacement”? Ostensibly to help Democrats win elections?)
    113,248 were removed, including 96,908 expelled via Title 42.

This is a disgrace and a joke.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by xuphan View Post
    Adoption has been around and hasn’t done much for the current population. Don’t see how it’s going to much for the “unique humans”. Foster homes are already overcrowded so not much help their either. Not seeing a solution here. Thanks for responding though and answering the question.
    Nice to meet you Francis Galton. Keep working hard on the "useless eater" problem.