Page 778 of 2085 FirstFirst ... 27867872876877677777877978078882887812781778 ... LastLast
Results 7,771 to 7,780 of 20842

Thread: Politics Thread

This bingo game might make it more palatable as well.

https://nypost.com/2020/09/29/the-po...biden-tonight/

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    For me, this is lucky page #777 of the thread. Spin the reels, then....and it comes up white supremacist for all of us!

https://www.insidehighered.com/views...-wrote-opinion

Next time a Xavier athlete puts his black body on the line for your enjoyment, don't you DARE cheer!
    Geezus that was pathetic. He might as well just pull his pants down and ask for 10 spanks as well. What a groveling piece of junk.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    To me, it's not a question of whether or not Trump accepts the results of the election - we know he will even though he loves to put on a defiant persona for the public.

It's a matter of whether or not half the country accepts a potential Biden victory or throws a tantrum and tries to burn down half the country.
    Fixed that for you.

And that is precisely the reason why Trump's little "game" is so potentially destructive to our democracy. At least Republican leadership is (sort of) repudiating Trump's lunatic ravings on the matter.
    Last edited by X-man; 09-29-2020 at 03:08 PM.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    Fixed that for you.

And that is precisely the reason why Trump's little "game" is so potentially destructive to our democracy. At least Republican leadership is (sort of) repudiating Trump's lunatic ravings on the matter.
    The problem is that there is actual precedent for one half of the country not accepting the results of an election and spending the next 4 years in a giant, whiny, hissy fit. See 2016-present. If Republicans want the playbook on not accepting a duly elected POTUS they'll need to look no further than the recent past. Remember those hilarious PSA's that the left put together using celebrities to urge the state electors not to certify?

I pray that if Trump loses, that republicans don't spend the next 4 years doing sophomoric shit like that. The left had a great chance to push through meaningful legislation over the past several years and they wasted it because they were butthurt over an election they thought they had in the bag.
    dayton will lose by 40 and we will loot tonight.
    -Pablo

Quote Originally Posted by Smails View Post
    The problem is that there is actual precedent for one half of the country not accepting the results of an election and spending the next 4 years in a giant, whiny, hissy fit. See 2016-present. If Republicans want the playbook on not accepting a duly elected POTUS they'll need to look no further than the recent past. Remember those hilarious PSA's that the left put together using celebrities to urge the state electors not to certify?

I pray that if Trump loses, that republicans don't spend the next 4 years doing sophomoric shit like that. The left had a great chance to push through meaningful legislation over the past several years and they wasted it because they were butthurt over an election they thought they had in the bag.
    I agree with the first paragraph. It was ridiculous, but the candidates weren't really leading the charge or stoking the fire.

What "great chance" did the Left have to push through meaningful legislation? At last count there were over 400 pieces of legislation that the house did pass, but that the senate never voted on. As angry as everyone is over the Supreme Court nominee, it wasn't that. It was literally everything. It was made clear to the Left that, in fact, they had no chance to pass anything, or debate anything, or compromise on anything. They just weren't going to call it for a vote at all, and if you don't like it then tough shit.

So, to repeat what I said earlier, if Biden wins and the Dems get control of the senate either now or two years from now, then don't be surprised if they go absolutely nuclear.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by STL_XUfan View Post
    That being said, copious amounts of bourbon makes it more fun.
    That's true about most anything.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    For me, this is lucky page #777 of the thread. Spin the reels, then....and it comes up white supremacist for all of us!

https://www.insidehighered.com/views...-wrote-opinion

Next time a Xavier athlete puts his black body on the line for your enjoyment, don't you DARE cheer!
    Was that guy serious?

Quote Originally Posted by STL_XUfan View Post
    My favorite is that no matter what question is asked, the person is free to answer whatever question they wanted asked. ...
    I want to be the moderator at one of the debates, but with a button hooked to a horn like you have at NHL games when a goal is scored. When the candidate strays from the specific question or topic, the horn would sound and they’d have to get back on topic. They’d be deaf in the first 10 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    You need the buzzer from Family Feud to do that.

I would prefer the drop chute from the Degeneres games.
    2023 Sweet 16