Page 294 of 2085 FirstFirst ... 1942442842922932942952963043443947941294 ... LastLast
Results 2,931 to 2,940 of 20842

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    It has been 36 years..... pray tell how an investigation is going to prove one way or the other?

Personally, I think her agenda is pretty clear here.
    I'll ask again, why does she want an investigation if she's lying? If everyone is so sure it's a bluff then they should want to call it, not dismiss it. Like I said before, 'we can't prove it' only works if they try to.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Caf View Post
    I'll ask again, why does she want an investigation if she's lying? If everyone is so sure it's a bluff then they should want to call it, not dismiss it. Like I said before, 'we can't prove it' only works if they try to.
    She doesn’t want an investigation done. She doesn’t want to testify. Her lawyers are saying she will testify if the fbi does an investigation which they know the fbi won’t do../this is just a way for her to get out of everything.

I'll ask again, why does she want an investigation if she's lying?
    Do you think there's even a 1% chance an investigation would actually clear Kavanaugh even if he was at home asleep in his bed when this allegedly occurred 36 years ago? You can't prove a negative. Particularly when the details provided are so blurry. How can an investigation prove anything that exonerates Kavanaugh when there's no time, date or place for the alleged incident?

I don't see how Ford has anything to lose in an investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Do you think there's even a 1% chance an investigation would actually clear Kavanaugh even if he was at home asleep in his bed when this allegedly occurred 36 years ago? You can't prove a negative. Particularly when the details provided are so blurry. How can an investigation prove anything that exonerates Kavanaugh when there's no time, date or place for the alleged incident?

I don't see how Ford has anything to lose in an investigation.
    They will never be able to clear his name. This stain won't go away unless they find she's been paid off or something. I agree you can't prove a negative, but they should be trying to prove a positive. If they can't find any evidence that this actually happened, then that's that.

The alternative is pushing this through and living with the implication that sexual assault doesn't matter.

The alternative is pushing this through and living with the implication that sexual assault doesn't matter.
    As long as they have the hearing on Monday (or invite Ford to a hearing if she refuses), I think they'll have done enough to appease the people they need to appease. The people who are against Kavanaugh no matter what were going to make this argument no matter what they do, and they're only interested in delay anyway.

I'd have a bit more sympathy for this "what's the rush?", "let's fully investigate", etc., etc. if the honorable Senator from the State of California had raised this when she received it. The fact that she waited until after the Judiciary Committee hearings makes it look like a tactic. And that cannot be rewarded.

The fact that she waited until after the Judiciary Committee hearings makes it look like a tactic. And that cannot be rewarded.
    I agree, but I'd be shocked if she shows up to testify. She will probably cite that it is traumatic to discuss in public, which would beg the question why she came forward in the first place, but is otherwise fair to say. I don't see Collins, and definitely not the public, writing off her claim because she won't testify in front of the entire world.

The Committee has offered to have her testify behind closed doors, too.

FBI actually looked into Hill’s stuff 25 years ago. All Trump has to do is ask them to do it again. Spend 3-4 days interviewing and it’s done. She comes and testifies and that is that. What are they afraid of?

What is her agenda? Does she want death threats? How about trumpets burn her house down like one of Moore’s accusers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a delay tactic. Supreme Court session starts October 1. Tactics cannot be rewarded.

Who knows what her agenda is, but she's a hero to half the country (and 99% of her neighbors). She might enjoy that.

Or it could be true. She has Feinstein to blame for making this look like nothing but a delay tactic.

It's a delay tactic. Supreme Court session starts October 1. Tactics cannot be rewarded.

Who knows what her agenda is, but she's a hero to half the country (and 99% of her neighbors). She might enjoy that.

Or it could be true. She has Feinstein to blame for making this look like nothing but a delay tactic.
    What Feinstein has done is definitely a tactic. In my reading of this, I leave that blame with Feinstein and not the accuser.

Another risk to this whole thing is that they schedule the vote and some enormous evidence comes out right before it. Seeing how this has played out, I wouldn't feel comfortable moving forward if I was the leadership.