Page 604 of 2085 FirstFirst ... 10450455459460260360460560661465470411041604 ... LastLast
Results 6,031 to 6,040 of 20841

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Okay, this is what I can't seem to get past....

I know several cops. I also know several ER doctors and nurses. I also know people who work psychiatric hospitals with those who are severely mentally ill.

Out of those three groups, the cops are the ones that are physically attacked the least. Those who are in a psychiatric hospital aren't ever likely to find themselves in a shootout, but a lot of the violence that we've seen has not protesters people who were using lethal force. The old man in this video was CLEARLY not a lethal threat.

If a doctor, nurse, or psychiatrist responded that way to a patient who did nothing more than what this older man did, they would definitely be fired, definitely be sued, and most likely arrested. So, is it asking too much to hold the cops to the same standards that ER doctors, nurses, and psychiatrists are held to when dealing with potentially volatile situations?? I don't think that it is.
    Another group that I didn’t mention was social workers. That’s considered one of the 20 most dangerous/deadly jobs, it can be extremely stressful, they are often in harms way, yet we don’t have a ton of incidents of social work brutality, nor do we hear social workers complaining about needing to use higher levels of force to do their jobs.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    https://mobile.twitter.com/JoeKinsey...52635645591555

Maybe this guy is onto something...
    I think that guy was Pete Rose's younger brother.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    You could say that about Bill Kristol, Jennifer Rubin, Joe Scarborough, John Kasich or any other "never Trumper" or "reformed former Republican." The left wing media loves people who claim to be former Republicans who "had to leave the party because it lost its way."
    I dont disagree that is why they are loved by left wing media but all of them have actual real life accomplishments for why they are in the positions they are in.

Owens really has none.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Exactly.

I am sure some will get offended by this but a reason may be those other professions are generally pretty professional higher educated people. You arent always dealing with the brightest people when you are dealing with police officers. I do think that can play a factor.

I could be wrong about the above but that is an area where I think policing needs some reform. I remember reading an article once about a man who really wanted to become a police officer but he scored too high on one of the tests they require. The thought being they dont want people too smart to be police officers because the majority of the job is overall boring and they dont want to train and invest time/money in someone they dont think will be intellectually stimulated enough who will end up quitting.
    Generalizing an entire group of people based on anecdotal evidence hmm...interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Generalizing an entire group of people based on anecdotal evidence hmm...interesting.
    https://www.policefoundation.org/stu...uate%20degree.

I'm sorry if it upsets you but half of police officers dont have any higher education. That isnt an opinion. I'm confused, I thought that was pretty well known?

30% have a 4 year degree. 5% have a graduate degree.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    I thought that particular video clip pretty much exonerated the students.
    Thin initial, much shorter clip showed some entitled white private school boys smirking and chanting while surrounding that poor Native American man just trying to have his voice heard. At least that was the narrative.

Then several videos of the full incident surfaces that showed a very different story that exonerated them.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie in dayton View Post
    Thin initial, much shorter clip showed some entitled white private school boys smirking and chanting while surrounding that poor Native American man just trying to have his voice heard. At least that was the narrative.

Then several videos of the full incident surfaces that showed a very different story that exonerated them.
    Yes that was a good example of not seeing enough video.

Curious, what would you need to see in a longer video that would justify what they did to that man?

Also keep in mind no one, cops included, have claimed he did anything more than what was seen. The department also suspended two of the officers without pay.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    The point isnt about her opinion. It is why she has so many followers. She saw a market to exploit for money and took it. It is similar to Clay Travis. A few years ago both had polar opposite views and opinions.

Are you not seeing the distinction in the discussion?

If she had the exact opposite opinions of what she currently has she would have zero followers. She isnt someone who accomplished something and gained a following because of it and just shares he opinions. She became big bc of her opinions alone as a black women.
    I had honestly never heard of her before this discussion, but I looked her up and found she’s driven, entrepreneurial, and successful. Even before she had conservat.... actually a better characterization in this case would be “anti-liberal” views.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Shaming season for CV-19 social distancing season has officially ended. Feel free now to tell anyone who worries about whether you're wearing a mask or standing too close to them to fuck off.

Finally some voice of reason!