Page 434 of 2104 FirstFirst ... 3343844244324334344354364444845349341434 ... LastLast
Results 4,331 to 4,340 of 21037

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Mexico will pay for it.
    Nah - Greendland's going to pay us to take it. It's the art of the deal....duh!
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Does Greenland have a Man of the Year award?
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Ok if you want to keep corporate money out of federal elections or even reduce corporate influence, I’m all ears. However, this kind of stuff is really stupid and taking advantage of the uninformed...welcome to Twitter! Love following X and CBB stuff on Twitter but a lot the stuff is pure garbage!

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...to-trumps-2020

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    I'm all in on buying Greenland
    Maybe we could swap California for Greenland.

...and drop nuclear bombs on hurricanes..
    2023 Sweet 16

Sophomore
    I don’t know if this is political, but Xavier deciding that the SAT and ACT scores are no longer a requirement strikes me as kind of a cheap money grab. Can’t say I’m a fan of it. Maybe I’m not seeing it but it seems really bush league. Was this really a move that needed to be made? I mean it just looks bad

Supporting Member
    I don’t know if this is political, but Xavier deciding that the SAT and ACT scores are no longer a requirement strikes me as kind of a cheap money grab. Can’t say I’m a fan of it. Maybe I’m not seeing it but it seems really bush league. Was this really a move that needed to be made? I mean it just looks bad
    High school academic performance is a much better indicator of college performance than standardized tests. The only money grab is on the part of standardized test services and the places that teach kids how to beat the tests.

Great decision by X.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

How is it a money grab that looks bad?

Wonder if trend has anything to do with the SAT scrapping their “Adversity Score?” Overall, I like the idea of putting the decision making process more into the schools.

I was concerned about the optics behind this move at first as well, then I read up on it a little and came to the same conclusion as Muskie in Dayton.

What really sealed it for me was learning that the University of Chicago, among others, are on the same track.

I really think this is going to be a fantastic outcome for Xavier and it will have a beneficial side effect: puncturing some of the college rating services that come up with stupid outcomes.
    X A V I E R