Page 623 of 2119 FirstFirst ... 12352357361362162262362462563367372311231623 ... LastLast
Results 6,221 to 6,230 of 21188

Thread: Politics Thread

...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Is that kind of knot inherently racist? I guess it must be if the guy or gal who tied it in October is now racist by implication.
    I don’t know that’s why I used a “?” but I think it would be difficult to present an argument otherwise. In what capacity would you tie a noose for a purpose other than to hang a person?

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    Didn’t the FBI investigate and determine through photographic evidence that most of the garages had that same rope pull and that they had been in place since last fall?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No, just that garage. Since it was in place last fall and he was assigned to that garage due to NASCAR standings it was not directed toward Wallace specifically. Case closed as far as the FBI is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    No, just that garage. Since it was in place last fall and he was assigned to that garage due to NASCAR standings it was not directed toward Wallace specifically. Case closed as far as the FBI is concerned.
    If we have any nascar fans here, could you please help me a bit here. The “noose” was found between Sunday’s rain out and Monday’s race right? When are the cars assigned to a garage? How far in advance would his crew be working there? If it’s just Sunday to Monday I can maybe understand the immediate alarm. But my assumption is that there were there for a few days, and they only reported seeing it that late? It doesn’t add up to me. But again, I could be making some incorrect assumptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    If we have any nascar fans here, could you please help me a bit here. The “noose” was found between Sunday’s rain out and Monday’s race right? When are the cars assigned to a garage? How far in advance would his crew be working there? If it’s just Sunday to Monday I can maybe understand the immediate alarm. But my assumption is that there were there for a few days, and they only reported seeing it that late? It doesn’t add up to me. But again, I could be making some incorrect assumptions.
    It’s ok, you don’t have to call it a “noose” because it’s actually a noose. There is no way around it by definition. The crews got to the garage Sunday morning and noticed the noose in the afternoon. The crew chief who noticed is African American and searched all other garage doors to see if any other garages had nooses. The garage assignments are done the week before based on points standings, but they are grouped by racing teams instead of individually now due to COVID, which doesn’t mean a whole lot, but without the team groupings he would be in garage 20 instead of 4.

Again, I don’t think it’s reasonable to believe he was targeted personally, but a noose is a noose and I feel is a racist symbol used for intimidation that shouldn’t be hanging anywhere.

Edit: here’s a written version of the timeline I have heard
    Last edited by Lloyd Braun; 06-25-2020 at 08:38 PM.

Interesting article from before the 2016 election I think it still fits. The surprising part is it’s from a rather liberal site.

https://www.vox.com/2016/4/21/114513...can-liberalism

Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    The crew doesn’t have as much time in the garage as they use to due to COVID-19 restrictions. IMO, I am sure someone on the team noticed it and didn’t think anything of it and another member of the team noticed it and saw it as an attack on the driver. There was a picture of the noose looking rope from the previous race at Talladega. So it has been there for awhile now. Just a coincidence that Bubba was given that garage for the race.

Supporting Member
    Interesting article from before the 2016 election I think it still fits. The surprising part is it’s from a rather liberal site.

It fits even better unfortunately. I was just talking with a friend the other day about how different "liberal" is today vs. when we were growing up (late '80s/early '90s). Then the liberal was the one open to new ideas, willing to accept different opinions, and generally wanting to everyone to just get along. We both identified as liberal then. Now the liberal has become the one intolerant of other ideas, degrading those who believe differently, and acting very self-righteously. I still hold the same core values as I did then, so I don't think I've changed. I do know that the ideals of the 2020 liberal are increasingly disgusting.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

That is an incredible article, and from Vox, which I rarely can stand to read, but he nailed it...in April....2016.

Quote: "The smug style, at bottom, is a failure of empathy. Further: It is a failure to believe that empathy has any value at all. It is the notion that anybody worthy of liberal time and attention and respect must capitulate, immediately, to the Good Facts.

If they don't (and they won't) you're free to write them off and mock them. When they suffer, it's their just desserts."

A couple of months after that Hillary Clinton called Trump supporters "Deplorables". Right. On. Cue.

And you know what? Dems have still not learned the lesson. Identity Politics, works great in their NY and LA cocktail confabs, but not in "Flyover Country". And they'll lose again in November, even with all their media elite cronies.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    It’s ok, you don’t have to call it a “noose” because it’s actually a noose. There is no way around it by definition. The crews got to the garage Sunday morning and noticed the noose in the afternoon. The crew chief who noticed is African American and searched all other garage doors to see if any other garages had nooses. The garage assignments are done the week before based on points standings, but they are grouped by racing teams instead of individually now due to COVID, which doesn’t mean a whole lot, but without the team groupings he would be in garage 20 instead of 4.

Again, I don’t think it’s reasonable to believe he was targeted personally, but a noose is a noose and I feel is a racist symbol used for intimidation that shouldn’t be hanging anywhere.

Edit: here’s a written version of the timeline I have heard
    I just find it hard to believe it had been there for months but it wasn't reported until Sunday, that's all.

Also, I kind of don't believe Nascar. Why did they release that photo days after the initial report?